Tuesday, August 9, 2011

They're after me!

The physical therapist is a slip of a blond girl..but boy, she can go for where it hurts.

I had a session there today.  I should have known something bad i.e. painful was going to happen as she wrapped me up (wrist) in heat.  I cooked 10 minutes.  Then, she started working the tendons and stretching/pulling my wrist/hand as well. I almost came up offa my chair several times.  She said and I can tell from the lack of range that the tendons were tight as a drum.  She really worked me over.  BUT I know it can only do good.

My helper is here and this is the last day.  I sliced my own tomatoes and got everything folded from the dryer but the two bottom sheets.  I am allowed to lift a cup of cofffee but my hand droops down so much I would rather not.  So..on Thursday when I go back, that will be one week down.  I was encouraged when  she said she can tell I have been doing my exercises.

I'll go help the helper..do me good.  This is her gentleman furiend, Nik.

xoxox


12 comments:

  1. I would be careful with a cup of coffee too, instead try a cup of cold water. No worry of a burn in that.
    I am so glad that your therapy is coming along well Twin.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Getting better, I see. Awesome news. Keep on healing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always hated to pay those folks to hurt me but it was for my own good. Hang in there. It won't be long until this is all a dim memory.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember when my dad had to have phyical therapy he would take a pain pill just before so they could work him harder with out hurting as much. I sure wish our cats that live in the same house would even get along. Let alone another cat. Our can't even be in the same room sometimes. Do watch using that hand for coffee. Hugs Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Progress, oh that's good news. Soon you'll be able to yank back and flip that bit'o slip blonde ;-)
    The cats are so cute!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Life in the torture chamber eh Carole? Thankfully this is going somewhere good I'm sure and not just for someone's sadistic need to inflict pain. Step by step my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh no, sounds like it hurts a lot! But as you said, it can only do good... You can only get better, which is great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Keep at it Carole. As the Admiral might say, "Slow and steady as she goes." Speaking of the Admiral, the secrets out. I saw that picture on Entertainment tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Isn't it the pits when it take more pain to heal the old pain? Keep up the good work girl. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. Did you have more therapy today? Hope it went okay.

    I don't know if this suggestion is worth anything at all, but I wonder if taking a couple of tylenols before therapy would just take the edge off. I have done that a couple of times before going for teeth cleaning, and it did dull the sharp shooting pains as the hygienist (sp?) was using that sonic tool.

    ReplyDelete
  11. PS - that was my Mom. I don't go for tooth cleanings like she does, nor do I take tylenol.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sis feel so bad that you are in pain so much. Hope that gets better over time. IF someone BURNED me with a curling iron..it would be their
    last burn. I would have went immediately to the boss in charge and something would have been changed right there and then somehow..that GAL sould be FIRED. Sheeesh.. Take care of you!!

    ReplyDelete