Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Good Grief

Good grief.  When I wrote that last blog I didn't know I would be in a drama here with the cat.  She was far sicker than I thought.  I thought she was just out of sorts and needed some different med for her appetite.  I was wrong and she diminished in size to just over 6 pounds,  down from 8 which was down from 11.  And the thing wrong is her blood calcium.  She will always have the condition and it will take her from me eventually.  But we try to keep her comfortable and eating.  So far we have and she's been fairly happy until the past 2 weeks.  She went to the hospital Monday and she's still there.  Hoping that she will come home tomorrow.  She will have another blood profile in the morning to see how she has progressed.

Her arm is shaved for her IV..a metered one..nutrients and meds in it aside from the liquids she needs.  I take her food in for her since she didn't eat until I did (which broke my heart) and fed her from my hand.  I laid my arms inside her cage and loved on her for half an hour at a time and told her things she should know..get her caught up on her bloggie and Twitter furiends..of which she has plenty.  She felt all the love and purrs and prayers coming her way.  I am hoping she gets sprung tomorrow!

xoxoxoxo

15 comments:

  1. I hope she gets sprung tomorrow too, Carole. It breaks *my* heart to know she's in there, and to read that you believe she will be with you only another year or so. I hope she surprises you and her vet and that she's with you much, much longer.

    This whole thing with her really upsets me--I'm reacting to my memories of the situation with Annie, of course, on top of being concerned for the Admiral and for you.

    ::Sigh::

    Sending you both lots of hugs and Light, wishing you both Peace and Blessings.

    -Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Twin, I don't think I realized what has been going on. I am so sorry but I am praying for a better outcome.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. We very much hope tomorrow will be coming home day and that the blood calcium will stabilize for more than a short while. Sending all our best thoughts and purrs.

    Will not have consistent computer access from tomorrow noon through the weekend but know we are thinking of you both lots and lots.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My poor, sweet girl! I hope she gets to come home to you soon. (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is breaking my heart. I hope she is resting comfortably.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Carole I am sorry to hear Admiral is still not home. I wish her and you all the Best, and she is soon home where she belongs.
    xoxo Dianne

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm still purring for all I'm worth for Miss
    Admiral. Hope she gets to come home tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope she comes home to you tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, we were kind of lulled into hoping she was doing well and saddened to be brought back to reality and know whatever is causing her hypercalcemia is serious. May her fluid therapy make her feel better so she can come home and have happy days soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope the blood profile shows her fit to return home tomorrow. We're keeping Admiral in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope everything is alright for tomorrow and she can come home with you Sis.
    Big Hugs to both.
    xoxoxox
    Sis.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh dear, I didn't realize it was that serious. I sure pray she gets to come home. Love and hugs for you both.

    ReplyDelete
  13. We didn't realize it was that serious either....we are purrin extra hard (and now mom has to go find another tissue)....

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's been quite a bout this time hasn't it? I'm so sorry for this bumpy road you're both on but pray that thing get better. I saw over on FB that she's home now. Bless you both.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well I am glad you both are returning to normal lives again. What a roller coaster ride you have endured for yourself and now the last few days with Miss Cat. But on the sunny side your sunflower header is a smile maker. Beautiful... Have a wonderful weekend. Hugs Carrie

    ReplyDelete