Friday, September 16, 2011

Is it me?

Is it just me or does anyone else feel that the freedom of speech that is usually spoken of in this country has disappeared in a large part.  Seems if you say something not "politically correct" the press and other media attack you. Not the everyday person usually as we aren't important enough in their eyes--.not that they won't ask slanted questions of the so-called man in the street to try to bear out their "potitically correct" opinions, but the media.  You must not even remotely appear to disagree with the "politically correct" or they, the media, mostly TV media will bring fire and other horrors raining down on you.  No..not referring to anything in particular as I don't watch the news because of the other blogs I wrote a week ago.  Just sayin'.  If anyone celebrity or other personage has had brimstone rained  down on them, I am blissfully unaware as of this moment.


12 comments:

  1. "Politically correct" Now there's an oxymoron because there sure isn't anything correct about politics in this day and age!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find no solace in being unaware in the times we live in. Like it or not the wolves who used to merely scratch at the door are now breaking it in to devour any they can. I know you have known well that the whole "tolerance" thing is actually something used on another person when they don't agree. I also know that you know well that freedom without responsibility is mostly what we see exorcised in our society these days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha ha - I like Chip "Rocket Man" Allen's answer. I know what you mean friend, you have to choose your words very carefully these days so not to offend and person, place, or thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YES!! The media hounds like dogs after bones and never give up till it is torn to shreds.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't have to listen to anymore negative the ads
    from media and I totally has lost trust in its politicians.
    Leave your worried behind this weekend so will I,That sound good Sis:-)
    xoxoxox Sis,Miyuki, Miss Catt, and Victoria,
    Sis.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think we need to get back to some of the way it used to be. The MSM is really the lame stream media to me. I am so glad we have internet news sites available and twitter and fb because at least you can find out the truth and not rely on what a talking head on TV is telling you.
    purrs
    >^,,^<
    ♥Abby♥Boo♥Ping♥Jinx♥Grace♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just stopping by to say hello and wish you a wonderful last weekend of the summer. Hope it is a good one for you Carole.

    Love your new header. What a fantastic shot!!!
    xoxo Dianne :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well when you watch television you have to keep your filter on. Two of the worst are Fox and Msnbc. They are political polar opposites pandering to their band of loyal sheep. It's either black or white and unfortunately most of the time it's a shade of grey. I think we can blame "political correctness" on the left as a reaction to the in your face views on the right. They both are adgenda driven and their views have nothing to do with reality. A pox on both their houses.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think people believe in freedom of speech: as long as you are saying things they agree with.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amen to what Laoch of Chicago said.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are so correct. It does make you want to throw the tv out the door.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My problem with the MSM is that they try to be so balanced that if one party came out and said the earth was flat, the next day's lead story would be, "Shape of the world under debate".

    ReplyDelete