Sunday, September 4, 2011

Mail scare

Get a load of the label attached to a piece of mail that wasn't even first class and was soliciting money from me.  I waited for the postman to come back to his truck and asked him what was THAT all about?  he allowed the Post Office had done it indeed.  I said WHY?  What possible thing could I have done to elicit a warning like that and why tell me not to open my own junk mail?  He couldn't answer so I went to the PO which was closed as it was then 3 in the afternoon on Saturday.  This happened last week so I went to my post office early Monday morning and they said it was NOT their sticker.  I said the mailman said it was..they said nevertheless..it was not.  That the sender had done it.

Not satisfied with two opposite opinions, I called the Government 800 number and asked them about it, explaining carefully after the horrible voice mail tree I had to negotiate over and over-- what it said, what it was on..etc.  He, the responder, said the Post office did not do it.So I gathered then that I could open my junk mail without being fined or going to prison. I also called the sender and said if they wanted money..don't send scary labels that make people run to the post office or feel they need to call a lawyer!  Lot of good THAT did.

Hope all is well.



11 comments:

  1. What a scary thing happened to you Sis, that you don't needed do that though as without you have has enough problems yourself.
    But you did right thing to protected for others.
    5:00 hours ahead? 6:00 in the morning in here.
    Hope you have slept well and Good morning to you Sis.
    Have a peaceful day,
    xoxoxo Sis, Miss Catt, Miyuki, and Victoria.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Sis I never heard of getting mail like that. I certainly would have been leary too. Since getting my POBox I don't get nearly the junk I used to get.Guess that's a good thing. Hope your wrist is feeling some better..know those therapy sessions can be painful. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S> LOVEEEE the new header picture..looks very peaceful!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too scary and wondering how many got one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My goodness Twin, all I ever get are address labels. That would have scared me too and I would have been on the phone just like you were.
    How many more therapy sessions do you have? I hope this next one goes well and the pain is not as bad.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's like those little tags on the mattress that say Do Not Remove Under Penalty of Law. Somebody over-thought themselves with that I'd say. I find such things really annoying but then I guess some companies feel desperate times call for desperate measures. I hope that the rest of the weekend is less stressful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Never in my life have I seen that on a piece of mail. I do blame your for being nervous about it, I would have been too. Good on you for checking tho. Hope the rest of the weekend is less frightful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It would be tempting to put a "return to sender" label on it and put it in the mailbox. That is really overkill and not likely to generate good will from you towards the ASP*A.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a scary warning...why on earth would they put it there? It doesn't make any sense. *silly*

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bizarre!!
    and I love your pretty picture up there :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is way to weird. But I bet the piece of mail really got your attention and you opened it in the end instead of just throwing it in the garbage. Have a wonderful week. Hugs Carrie

    ReplyDelete