Friday, September 9, 2011

My Two Cents

Here is my thought.

Media is again having a field day dredging up horror for us.  No, I am not referring to the memories of 9-11.  I AM however referring to all the done to death and beyond coverage of suspicions etc regarding another attack.  Lets see if I can put it better.  Probably can't.

We  do and should be warned when something is imminent and/or about to happen or will happen within a certain time period. We have to know so as to try to protect ourselves.  But what we don't need is unconfirmed suspicions spun so far out of control..droned on about and served up in a variety of ways.  If it is known that whatever is going to happen or a strong suspicion of such..for pete sake, tell us.  But don't go into great long dissertations over and over and OVER again and thrust the mircophone into whoever's face for more of the same.

Most of all...I wish there would cease being hour and two hour long "news" if you want to call it that, shows that tell exactly how to hurt the Country.  All that telling over the air and on news channels what the bad guys could do, how they could do it and how much death and destruction it would cause.  Like they don't already know this? Like copy cat madmen already here won't think "Gee, what a great idea.  Let me try that for my few seconds of fame."

OK.  I suppose no one will like this entire blog but it irks me and scares me to hear on broadcast TV right here in our own country all the ways to hurt us broadcast over the planet.  SHUT UP already and quit with the hows and where at's.  Telling us poor citizens how to hurt ourselves is only accomplishing one thing:  money for the advertisers who sponsor this stuff.  And maybe ideas to the nuts out there.


16 comments:

  1. I Agree! They are stirring up drama and fear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen from me too, and I'm in Canada.

    Carole, fear is a hot "commodity," globally. The entire world runs on it--military, security agencies, etc. I think fear must be the biggest money-maker in all the world.

    It's in the best interests of many to keep fostering that fear, no matter what country you're in. Religions do it (burning in "hell," for instance), the military does it....Part and parcel of the human experience, I think.

    Personally, I much preferred to tune in to what His Holiness The Dalai Lama had to say, while he was in Montreal recently.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And tonight, on NBC news they decided to tell the bad guys here or in another country how vulnerable we are to manipulation to the power grids ! Thanks for tbe info!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So true dear friend. It's sensationalism in every subject they get on - it's covered to death and opinions forced on all of us by hashing it to death, not to mention giving the bad guys more ideas. Do what I do when you are sick of it - turn off the news.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You must be getting better your elbow?
    A little time for your thought I guess everywhere is as same just top up there program on TV.
    Hopefully a peaceful time for your country on the day 10-09-2011.
    I felt so good in cold winters weather my hey fever is nearly gone and the skiers are very happy this weekend.
    xoxoxo sis Miss Catt, Miyuki, and Victoria.
    Sis.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't add anything to this, so well said and true as I see it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so true! We notice this all the time and will never understand why they do it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excellent. I agree with you 100 %.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hear! Hear! Oh, I wish people would listen to this. It irks me all the things that are said that potentially put our country in danger. And what's the point? Today I wondered how many little kids will have nightmares tonight because of all that's been said.

    Take care. [[hugs]]

    ReplyDelete
  10. I must say I agree with your thoughts completely.

    ReplyDelete
  11. AMEN Carole. You have said it better than most of us could. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really do agree with you Carole. If we had spent the time preparing wisely for such things likely we never would have had 9/11 in the first place. Scare tactics are not preparation and they never will be.

    ReplyDelete
  13. They salivate over potential "threats". I think they get off on instilling fear in all our hearts and trying to make us suspicious of everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thumbs Up !!! I agree 100% Carole. It seems certain TV News Shows that go on, and on 24 7,except for their zillion commercials inbetween, feel the need to Sensationalize everything from weather, Terrorism, among other things. It is a bunch of cow patties if you ask me. Their are some terrible things happening but to be given a steady diet stirring up Fear and Suspicion is ridiculous. You said it so well.

    ReplyDelete