Sunday, September 25, 2011

WHAT a BIG Surprise!!!

Guys and Ladies, I had THE best surprise ever.  Today is my birthday yes, but yesterday is when I had my BIG day!  When I wrote yesterday's blog and said I had to get cracking..little did I know that a couple hours later, I would get a birthday shocker a day in advance.

My youngest was coming to take me to lunch as Saturday was easier what with commitments on Sunday. So when he came in the door he said to hurry, he was hungry.  I went to the car, and there was my oldest boy.  Not a surprise there really as I half way expected it.  So I piled into the back and off we went.  When we got to the restaurant which he insisted we were going to despite my suggestions otherwise,  and took my gifts in TOO..I tried to dissuade them. Seemed so unnecessary.  Let's open them at home I said. As we went in..instead of waiting to be seated, the sons led the way back and I thought.."that kid looks just like my grandson!  Just like him!"  I was going to point that out to my youngest but he was hurtling forward at the speed of light. Then I saw cameras! That WAS my grandson and he was videotaping me and the rest of us as we steam rolled into the restaurant. There was a surprise party and even my son and grandson from Charlotte had driven all the way here to be present!  I was shocked! I loved it.  There was a centerpiece of, what else but Hello Kitty..and those blowy thingies that you blow into and they unroll..just a fun loud party and I was caught completely unaware. Best birthday (and shocker) I ever had..bar none. So happy birthday to me today and yesterday which was the birthday eve so to speak.  My son and g-son are gone now..he's a teacher and work awaits tomorrow and lesson planning and grading all the way home (g-son doing the grading) and here I am with a big smile and a wonderful memory of the big reveal yesterday.  I was shown the text messages too that flew back and forth before I got there.  Cars were parked where I couldn't see to spoil the surprise before we got there.

I am blessed!  Here's a few of those blowy thingies and the centerpiece and my grandson.





18 comments:

  1. SUCH a wonderful surprise! Happy Birthday indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to you my dear Sis!
    What a lovely surprise from all your children and grandson, my god! he is growing handsome young man Sis, I still remember that the last time I saws him in picture that he was a practice with his trumpet.
    Have a wonderful day.
    xoxoxox
    Sis.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way your family and friends threw such a wonderful birthday surprise party for you! You certainly deserve it! HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CAROLE!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WONDERFUL!! What a lovely surprise. I am smiling so big while I am reading this. Happy Birthday!!

    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Happy Birthday!"
    I loved reading about your surprise party. I am so happy you had a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday, Carole! What a fantastic surprise, no wonder you had the best birthday ever. I hope you do something special for yourself today too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday, Carole and I wish you many many more. It was great of your family to celebrate with such a surprise party.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG, Happy Birthday! I didn't realize my fellow Libra also loves Hello Kitty. Have you seen the pic of my HK stuff on Facebook?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wishing you a very happy birthday! That sounds like such a super surprise your family pulled off. You have had a rough past few months, so I am sure it was a terrific celebration.

    Simba's Mom

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMC - You have such a wonderful family to throw you such a great surprise party, and for your one son and grandson to drive all that way in a day trip just to help you celebrate. You had the best birthday ever - sharing it with all of your family.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well I guess I can say it one more time.
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY CAROLE!
    Why wasn't I notified Like I was with Beth?
    Glad you had a great surprise party!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Birthday to you Carole!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOL!! That's the BEST birthday EVER!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Birthday, dear Carole. Glad you had a great Birthday surprise.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This just makes me smile. Glad you had such a wonderful time and were treated like a princess.

    ReplyDelete
  16. and Wonderful pic of your Grandson. I bet he is almost as big as you are.

    ReplyDelete