Sunday, October 23, 2011

Sunny Sunday and an Inquiry

I am  going to try to be brutal and get rid of the mountains of magazines I have NOT read.  Gone are the days when I was on midnight shifts and if there was noting to do..which rarely happened to be sure, but still, if there was nothing to do, I brought out one of my subscribed to magazines.  Now, other things are taking time and I don't get as many read.  I have been trying to chip away at them but..not much luck.

Question:  Has anyone ever figured out how to dry a fitted bottom sheet with the other laundry and it not collect pieces of your other laundry in its corners and those pieces are still wet from being balled up in the sheet?  That drives me crazy and electricity is too expensive to do a set of sheets seperatly.  Thoughts?  I'd hang them out if I could but my line is broken and in my case (you'd have to be here to see its true) I need a son/man/strong individual with toe claws to go out back of the house and try again.  So, hanging clothes is presently out of the question.

I am finishing my face and hair to be out of here momentarily.  Thought I would ask my question though before I go.

That picture I posted with the clock..of course I didn't see the dust till it was too late BUT, that's part of life.  Dust.


14 comments:

  1. I usually stop the dry somewhere thru the cycle and empty out the corners, then toss everything back in to finish drying. I know it's maddening, but I nave thought of a more creative way. I'll be anxious to hear of a solution myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss so many socks in those fitted sheets.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This happens to me all of the time. I have a wooden drying rack in the utility room that I hang the 'sheet corner laundry' to finish drying. I love that rack which my sis talked me into buying at Walmart. I bet Admiral would have fun if you tried that.

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beth seems to have a good way. What I do is hang a cord in my utility room and hang the sheet on it. The sheet drys real fast in the winter. I installed hooks on each side of the room for easy install of the cord.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry, too many others problems in life to solve to worry about fitted sheets..like how to fold them to neatly go on a shelf.

    My big problem of the year is how to open bottles with bad hands. I'd pay a kings ransom to have a gadget to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Around here, we tend to solve the sheet problem by doing what you don't want to do: dry only the sheets. It seems they dry faster that way anyway. Sorry we don't have a better answer on that one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope someone has a good answer for this. The only thing I can think of, is hanging the fitted sheet over an open door. Some doors may need protecting from moisture.

    ReplyDelete
  8. try one of those open weave laundry bags for the fitted sheet in there alone.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're asking the wrong guy about laundry things. I'm pretty get 'er done and none too fancy...fact is you could say that about me in a lot of things. I don't read like I used to either. I had many years where I never let a National Geographic go unread and enjoyed that for years then...well, life happened. I wonder if such things are available on the Kindle...just a thought. Have a good day my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. John's got a good idea. I still have the mesh bag I was issued to keep socks and underwear from disappearing in the dryers in Basic Training. Works great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I goes with Beth's idea,I just change to cleaned ones and I never noticed that until you has mentions it:-)
    The photos of clock is very nice Sis,it doesn't matter a bit of dust though nobody noticed that?
    Yesterday we have has 30C and today only 15C cold with rains day thought when you come over on weekend hopefully warms day.
    xoxoxox to Sis,Miyuki,Miss Catt,and Victoria.
    Sis.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry, no ideas here. But with the mountains of laundry here I have to do the sheets separately.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Other then pinning them shut I don't think there is a solution. I hope when and if you find one you let us in lol.

    ReplyDelete