Friday, November 4, 2011

Riddle me this

Ladies and Gentlemen, what is the best over the counter remedy for a sinus drip?  It's makingme cough.  I rarely have this problem and usually tough it out but if I can find something to help, I'd appreciate it.  The problem right now is more the post nasal drip rather than coughing.  I'm sure it will progress to that however.

I LOVE my work outs.  Never thought I'd say that.  I can tell a difference already.  Never thought I'd say THAT either.  I was getting so I allowed other things to get in the way of my home workouts which were excellent.  I had, emphasis on HAD the musculature to prove it.  But after falling down and breaking my crown last mid June..that absolutely took away ALL of my gains and then some.  This way though I hate to go somewhere for it..I'm always glad I did.

Any help on the drip would be gratefully appreciated as I said.  The other symptom is stuffy nose and sneezing.

This is one of the windows to the old origional Grist Mill.  The Header is its door.  This is a working grist mill..built in 1798.  This next is taken from the State of TN.

Originally constructed in 1798 along Lost Creek, this mill was operated by four generations of the Rice family. The mill has had many changes throughout its history. At times, the mill was also rigged to power a sawmill, a cotton gin, a trip hammer, and even to operate a dynamo that supplied electrical lights for the Rice home in 1899.




HUGGLES to you.




16 comments:

  1. Mom says your sinus drip may be fall allergies. You could try taking Claritin - take it for several days before assuming it doesn't help. Or Claritin in the days Benadryl at night.

    Love that window and rustic wall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sis! I have has been from 28-August ever since still drip from behind my nose in the morning.
    Simbas said it must be cause from allergies?
    I hope you don't cough in the night.
    The photos is a great!
    I wondering that what is like inside:-)
    Please take care,
    xoxoxo To dear Sis, Miyuki, Miss Catt, and aka Victoria.
    Sis.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hate to hear you have the sinus drip. I don't use the OTC drugs, just use Honey, Lemon, Whiskey and if it's not bad, I just use Honey. The mixture is equal amounts, about tablespoon each or shot size if you prefer, whichever works. Get well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. neat pic..... i use nasal sprays....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Try a vaporizer with menthol in it. It should help some. Years ago I took Sudafed. I don't know if they still make that or not. I hope you feel better soon.

    Your photos are awesome.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have the same thing & are taking sudephed(sp)
    I love the photo of the door
    I AM the door....

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would ask the pharmacist, I'm sure he could tell you. Hope you feel better soon though.
    Interesting story about the mill. Is it still used today>

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great photo again friend. You are really getting good at taking pictures. Regarding your problem - I have been using a sinus rinse for a long time. Some people use a Nettipot (or whatever it's called), but I found that cumbersome to use. Don's ENT recommended a NeilMed Sinus Rinse. It's a plastic bottle with a tapered (slightly rounded) top on it. You can buy it at Walgreens. It will do wonders for you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm actually looking at snow falling outside which again means a likely change in exercise methods for the season. We're getting a really nice tread mill soon...even has an i-Pod dock but I've had trouble with a bone spur on my heel so I'm not sure how this will hit me. One nice thing about free weights is that I can do them year around and I've done that religiously. I love old buildings for photography as you know...that's my cup of coffee!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope you get relief. I know you'd like to put a clothespin on your nose, but the backup is worse ;-o

    ReplyDelete
  11. So the door and window are part of the grist mill. Thanks for sharing that. Try one of those nasal rinses. They sell them at drug stores. It a safe way to flush your sinuses. Helps if you have something in there irrating it. Your cough is coming from the drip that goes down your throat tickling it. The sneezing is trying to get rid of whatever is irritating. Sounds like allergies. But watch the immflamation could make you more suceptable to a cold. Also the gym can be a germ infested place so wash you hands often and use sani wipes on the handles before using a machine. And if all else fell love Toodie comment to use a clothespin.Have a wonderful weekend. Hugs Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  12. I sure hope you find something that helps. I find that Zyrtec helps loads if it's allergies.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I double the suggested amount of Sudafed. It knocks me out. But naps are good. So is waking up with a clear head.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I always use Alka-Seltzer Plus for cold problems. I know they have different ones for different problems. I know they work for me quickly. Hope you find something that works for you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your picture! The mill has a very long, interesting history.
    I heard nasal spray is helps and has less side effects. I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Try a Nutti Pot like TW uses. HAH! Surprise!

    ReplyDelete