Saturday, January 14, 2012

Happy Day today. Second son.

Today is my second son's birthday.  And you know how I am.  I cherish all of my boys and each one's birthday is like a National holiday to me I am so happy and privileged to have them.

I have said so many times that to me being a mom is THE most important and the most privileged of jobs.  Oh, as with every job there are trials and errors but there are absolutely brilliantly gleaming times as well when the realization comes that these sons are yours while you have them and it's your primary job to see them independent, healthy and hopefully happy.

They're only yours for a time as far better writers than I have already said in many ways.  I was acutely aware of that during their infancy and rearing of all three that they were just here with me for just a space of time precious and fleeting and then, gone like the fledglings we see in the Spring.  A bittersweet time when they fly.   True maternal love never fails however despite distance or circumstance.

Here you are with your little brother Neil.  Now you are all three grown up. xox

Happy Birthday Bruce.  Love you always.


18 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Bruce. I know you must be a wonderful man as you have a great mother.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday, Bruce! May there be many more to come!

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy birthday Bruce!
    such a cute photo :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Twin, this is a beautiful tribute to your son Bruce! Happy Birthday Bruce, I hope it is one of the best days of your life.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very happy birthday to Bruce--we hope he has a fantastic day. And we wish him all good things in this new year of his life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhhh - what an adorable picture. They are so cute and handsome even at a young age. What a cherish photo to have. Happy Birthday Bruce - hope you get to enjoy some part of your day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday to Bruce! I have led a privileged life in being a dad who is very involved with his family. I know there is no greater blessing then being able to be involved like this. Bless you all today Carole!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday Bruce. They are fine looking boys, Carole.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday, Bruce. They are handsome young men there. So cute how the younger one is smiling at big brother.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Carole, what a wonderful post. :)

    Happy birthday to Bruce! We wish him a fantastic day and year, and all good things always.

    ReplyDelete
  11. They are all three grown up men...I think I may have accidentally made it seem as though they were children still. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. According to my mom, we'll always be their babies. Not in a diminishing way, but in the way of the maternal love of which you spoke.

      Birthday blessings to you all!

      Delete
  12. Happy Birthday Bruce. Be happy always.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Birthday, Bruce. That picture made me laugh with the cheeky look and the gun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a sweet picture. Happy Birthday Bruce! You have one terrific mom ya know!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great lookin boys. I hope Bruce had a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice looking little Men. HBd to your wonderful Son.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the picture of your sons. They were very cute then, and I am sure they are all very handsome young men as they are all grown up. Yes you have a good reason to be proud, Carole. I am sure you all had a wonderful day celebrating Bruce's Birthday. Happy belated Birthday to Bruce.
    ox's Dianne :)

    ReplyDelete