Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Last Sunny Day

We have had..gasp..4 sunny days in a row.  Hold me BACK!  But, that will come to a halt tomorrow and for the rest of the week.  Rain again.

Just came back from lunch with my ex hubby.  He paid the bill.  I won't turn that down.  I had told the wait person "separate checks" and he said he'd get it. It was enjoyable.  He wanted to give me a camera bag but it is about the same size as the one I have.  Didn't know that till I saw it.

Tomorrow we have a new redneck Room to open, and in a new place.  The place we went closed due to going bankrupt.  Now we're breaking in a new place with our loud boisterous selves.  I'll be headed right back where I was today, tomorrow.   :-)  That's OK.  Decent food after all.

Have to leave my new little one I think it's Feb. 10th when..weather allowing I go over the mountains.  It will be a hurried trip, leaving Friday and back on Sunday sometime.  The cat is still very always with me so she will miss me a lot.  I hope she behaves as this will be the first time without my supervision.  (yes, it matters actually as I am training her where she should not be..what NOT to scratch and where not to leap).  She'll have a sitter 2 times a day as she eats a BIG breakfast and supper.

Still abnormally warm and my daffodils are up and in bloom.  That should NOT happen.  NO way.  I hate it because they will be killed during the inevitable freezes that we will have regardless of what it's like out there this winter so far. This is not a warm zone I live in.  It's so-called "temperate" zone 6.  Last year it was many snows more than we are used to getting..this year it's like late Fall.  Sigh.

Oh well.  Here is the very daffodil I took a picture of yesterday afternoon.


















15 comments:

  1. A spring flower. Be still my beating heart. Oh I am so eager for spring. I have hopes that when it gets here I will feel all better and things will look bright again.

    Have a fun safe trip on the 10th.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That lovely daffodil gives me hope for early Spring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not just sun, but you have such amazing warm temperatures! Lucky ducks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the flower picture. It is a reminder that Spring is on the horizon. We've had a very mild Winter thus far, hopefully it will continue with just one good cold snap to do a good kill on the pesky insects.
    Gad to see that you have a new little buddy to spoil.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely photo of the daffodil. Wow, zone 6. We here in Edmonton are in zone 3. I think you don't have to worry about the Daffodil. It is a tough plant. We have them here in zone 3 as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's so beautiful. I can hardly wait until spring. I know we will have more cold coming. After all Feb. is on it's way and not known to be springy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. YAY a spring flower. he he - I've heard there are a few in our city that also have a few spring flowers in bloom. Checked mine, but they are smart and are still under ground It's been a very unusual winter.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Are you singing please don't take my sunshine away yet? That's something else with a flower showing itself that early! We are ending January with it being crazy warm at least during the daylight hours...how strange is that? You're trip away leaves the new empress in charge of the fortifications huh? I pray that all goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a pretty picture of the daffodil. If only we could go straight to spring! We are sure Katie will be okay when you go on your trip, but understand your anxiety about how she'll cope without you there. We still feel it with our boys every single time we go away (and we have had them for many years). :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Spring!! Despite the fact that we’ve got arctic weather in Europe (and even here on the western fringes) the crocuses are already blooming! I am sure Katie will miss you, but don’t let that stop your enjoyment :) x

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is abnormally warm here, as well. Keep waiting for the snow shoe to drop. I expect it will happen on the very day of my black tie event. ;-)

    Hugs, Carole. Both you and Katie will be fine.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope the weather will be good and you have a fun trip to the mountains. I bet Katie san is praying for rain though...he he :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I was just telling Beth what a warm, snow free winter it has been. I;ve driven around the mountains of New Hampshire but I would'nt want to now. They have snow. Though they always do a good job clearing the snow up there. I better stop before I start a blog on your comments section.
    Safe trip Carole.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Our snow is almost completely gone already which is very unusual. None in the forecast either but I hear Colorado is going to be hit hard. I hope it doesn't come this way.
    Have fun breaking in your new restaurant!

    ReplyDelete
  15. No snow is nice but I worry about the BUGS this summer, they are already predicting a big mess because we just have had NOT ENOUGH cold. No snow here and I love it..I can walk without boots on. YAY!Hope the training has sunk in..leaving the cat here not locked up leaves a mess to clean up when we get back. Yikes~ Take care Sis..

    ReplyDelete