Thursday, January 26, 2012

Still Raining...sigh...

Blog family, I went out this morning and had my workout and of course it was out driving in the ever present incessant rain.  We had two weeks of rain with 1 1/2 days off and sun, then..the other half of yesterday clouded up and it's raining to beat the band all night and all day today and tomorrow as well. It DOES get tiring.

However, something came over me and I went into my closet and the closet here in the computer room and took out a kazillion pairs of jeans that are old and hopelessly out of style..too small and too big and again, hopelessly out of style and then, I dumped them.  They are too sorry to donate.  I have donated a lot of my clothes however so that makes me feel better.  I must have given 15 or more blouses/tops to Goodwill.  Probably more and I also donated pairs of jeans, jackets, shirts.  Pocket books and shoes too.  I have no idea what finally came over me to get me to go in there and just do it today as well.

One of the sons will be here tomorrow after his work and workout and shower..about 1839 and I'll provide supper.  Roasted chicken (oven) w/ BBQ sauce (it's raining and can't fire up the grill) steak fries and steamed green beans.

Here is one of the pictures I took the day before I broke my wrist and clobbered my knees so horribly.

Oh man, I feel the edges of another clean out frenzy dancing along my edges.  It's late.  I hope I can resist.

HUGS


17 comments:

  1. Well, Carole, reading this makes Mom realize it has been raining in Knoxville too - our family there never bothers to update us! But looks like you will all have a reasonably decent next 7 days, weatherwise.

    Great about the closet cleanout and donations. That needs to happen here BADLY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been raining over here in KY, too. I think we saw the sunshine a couple days ago...hard to know. :) When you're out and about, be sure and run between the raindrops. [[hugs]]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sunny here today, but their still fixing all the downed power lines and broken trees from our big ice storm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to do the same thing. Was cloudy here all day and maybe rain later tonight, then moving out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It has been cloudy here today and we have missed the rain so far. I think some is on its way now though.

    Great photo!!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Donate the jeans to......... for there are some who go in there and get old clothes and cut them up to make other things. IE quilts, purses, carry along, bags made of denim are very durable. Plus the good will people hold auctions for that type of stuff to for rags such as in rag paper. But cleaning has a little perk all it own.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great picture Carole. I sure wish that rain would STOP for you. Enough is enough. It's seriously hampering your photography work!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Interesting photo of the lock. By the way, how is your wrist and knees. Hope you healed ok?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Our weather has been really hot in the morning and afternoon then heavy rains in the evening. The only thing constant is the high humidity. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cool photo. Shhh! Don't mention closets. I've told you before they're known as the "black holes" here. Hope the rain has stopped. Sunny here but brrrr!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry about the endless rain. I don't hate it as much as snow which is a good thing because often enough we end up with one following the other especially at the end of winter. Love the picture of the lock there. Textures of rust are really fun to photograph if you ask me.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yup. Rain here as well though it is about to end. Only about an inch and a half of snow so far. Very wierd.
    Good shot. Very good composition. Good eye Carole.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, I'm so sorry to hear about Admiral :(
    I have been a bit slack lately and haven't been keeping up with all the cat news in blogger world. I will be sure to follow Katie's new blog - she is beautiful by the way, and while she will never replace Admiral, it sounds like she has a lot of love to give, and love is exactly what you need right now.
    I look forward to hearing of her adventures.
    All our love,
    Harley, Lola and Maya xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's good to donate cloth which you don't wear. I the end of last year, I donated many clothes, too. I was checking the closet again recently and there is a dress which is kind of out of style. I took it to a tailor and now she is working on it to make it look better :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This has only just popped up on my google reader! Curious to know, did you resist? lol I find it very cathartic to clear out old clothes from time to time!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I need to do just that myself. Now that the kids are moving out I can finally get to my other closet to see what's in there. Next week, that's my plan.

    ReplyDelete