Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Tuesday

I have had my new little one for one week and a day.  I say again and again I have never in my life ever seen a more loving cat.  She was loving to me, a stranger from the second I picked her up.  She has welcomed one son so far and will another this weekend as old friends.  Three years old and her former owner must have loved her very much.  It sure shows.  I'm glad she found me..as I am able to be loving toward her where perhaps others, if she were even adopted at three years of age, may not have appreciated the pure gold this girl is made from.

I know I haven't been around and for that I apologise.  I have had my arms full of eager Katie (the cat) who only now is able to be by herself some instead of in my arms.  It's hard to type when you're holding your keyboard all the way up in the air while your cat is going endlessly back and forth on your lap, headbumping your arms, chest, chin and hands, I say again, endlessly.  But that's alright.  It was worth having to stop and love on her because she obviously needed it.  She is as sweet as a whole sack of sugar.

Got my hair done today and when I returned, Katie didn't act as though I had been gone a month this time.  :-)

Love and hugs to all the blog family.  I will try to be a better girl.  Thank you Boston Boy, Horst, Beth, Terry and Sherry and Mary for coming to see me despite my shortcomings and the kitties who came by..much love and whisker ticklings.




18 comments:

  1. We love the way the sun makes the fur on her back look reddish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure your hair looks fabulous :)
    neat!she looks aflame

    ReplyDelete
  3. She does look reddish and she's a beauty. It's a plus in that she's so loving.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I have never seen fur like that before save for my friend Eddie.
    I;m happy for you Carole.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Katie is beautiful and a real joy for you. That makes me very happy!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. she is actually black and white, a Tuxedo cat but the noon time brilliant sun showed the underfur which is, as in many black cats, cinnamon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your Katie is a real beauty. Loving cats are wonderful..also tiring to their moms sometimes. :) I'm glad she's able to be by herself some. Shows she's settling in and feeling more secure.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, that is an amazing looking cat Carole! Such beauty seems fitting in a feline that is that loving don't you think? I'm glad to hear that all is going well and you're getting all settled in there. I'm always glad to hear that you're well. Blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Her eyes just mesmerize us...so deep and intelligent and wise...and very furtunate to have found the purrfect home, with a heart just ready for some lovin!

    ReplyDelete
  10. way to go cat.... got a new mistress

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy that your Katie is feeling better, and not quite so needy of your complete attention. She is a pretty little kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can just imagine Katie all over you. It's nice to have such a loving little girl, but at the same time, isn't too clingy. Katie sounds to be a nice balance. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. We're glad she's settling in and realizing now you won't abandon her, that you ARE coming home. :-)

    It took Chumley a LONG time when I first adopted him, to get past his abandonment issues. Well, he really didn't ever completely get over that. I don't know Katie's history, but it certainly was a blessing for you both to find each other!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your descriptions of Katie make me wanna pick her up and hold her close forever!

    ReplyDelete
  15. She really is a beautiful girl Carole. She is so glad to have a loving home she just can't help herself to show you.

    Always come to see you. Only a complete computer fiasco could keep me away, and I would get that corrected as fast as possible. Hugs girlfriend.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You call it cinnamon, I call it rust! She is gorgeous. I'm glad she is settling down :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh you sound very happy!! I stop whatever I'm doing when my boys need attention. it's a wonderful feeling to have my arms full them :-) Enjoy all the moment with your sweet Katie! She is such a precious girl!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I think you two were meant for each other. I'm also sure that Miss Catt approves as she wouldn't want either of you to be alone!

    ReplyDelete