Friday, February 17, 2012

Arggh

Sniffle, snerk, snort and hack.  I have a cold.  It'll get gone before the next week is finished.

My bulbs are up and blooming I'm sorry to say.  They started blooming in January.  So far we have not had a freeze to kill them.  I don't want to kill them but I so regret that the weather is so mild that they were confused into blooming.  That will mess up the farmers too I would say with some plants/crops starting too too early.

Still keeping up my workout schedule.  Good thing too because I no longer have the treadmill.  Goodwill indeed came to get it and an old TV that was in my room that I never used.  It worked well but I'm never one to watch TV in there.  I rarely watch it anywhere.  I wouldn't want to do without it, but I just watch it occasionally.  News mostly and local news at that.  Except I got hung on Dancing With The Stars.  I already know all of you who do NOT watch it.  More  don't than do.  But I sorta got hooked on it.  :-)

Have the expense of a new water heater tomorrow.  Hard to believe they and the labor is that bad!  Gees. Makes you almost wish for a wood stove and a big cauldron of water always simmering on the back of it.
Not really but you know what I mean.  $$$$ everywhere you turn.  I get continual sticker shock at the grocery store.  I'll quite eating peanut butter before I pay five dollars for a jar.  Coffee..hold me back.  I am reduced to buying the less expensive house brands and yes, there IS a difference.  I treat myself to the good stuff every other time or so.

So, what's going down over at your house?

13 comments:

  1. Your not alone totally on Dancing with the Stars. You know I watch. Big smile. Hope your cold goes away fast.

    We're going to put in a new hot water heater this spring I hope. He keeps saying it, because he wants to move it from it's present place, but it's been 2 years now.

    Don't get me started on groceries. Peanut Butter is my fav. of all staples.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe we need a water heater too. They can be expensive.
    I am surprised you got rid of your treadmill! I missed something. Jam and toast if the PB goes any higher in price. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It really can be a killer to get work done because of labor costs whether it's car or plumbing...just about anything. I was astounded at the cost for our last work that needed to be done on the car. I've gone back to walking since my bone spur pain has mostly abated and have been very glad for that. It's good to have some form of exercise that you can do as a routine. I hope you get to feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here in Canada the groceries have doubled in the last 6 months.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The grocery prices are beyond belief. I feel sorry for those who can't afford them and I understand why the church food banks are so busy each week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh God! I know what you mean :(,,,, TV In this house usually runs as background noise.... Crocus on there way up here.... ,,,, Spring not too far off YEA!! :)
    Hope you feel better soon,,,, FYI..., I tried Cold Eaze not too long ago, hubby started to get something & I Always get gifted , so before it got going I started taking the Cold Eaze and it Worked!:0,,, I never got sick! Who knew.....:0, jus sayin might be worth a try next time.... Feel Better xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. That Flower is gorgeous - good job on it Carole. The price of groceries has gotten so unreal that one is afraid to eat anymore. I've been meaning to go on a diet again, but dang, that means spending more on the fruits and veges in order to do it. You can't win with groceries. I think our hot water heater is okay - we had sticker shock on that about 3 years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I’m sorry you’ve got a code inda node! Horrid. Hope you are better soon xox

    ReplyDelete
  9. Groceries...and gas..they have gone up so high! I spend less when I can and like you, I treat myself to good stuff every other time :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. As expensive as the coffee is (and you're right- there IS a difference) my dad couldn't go without it. It's his lifeblood.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope you are feeling some better this morning,Sis. I agree that prices are so high now you can hardly afford to eat. I don't think you wanna know what's going on where I am ..it isn't pretty. :S

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry to hear you still have that cold. We hope you feel better real soon. We, too, have some expenses (including a water heater!) on the horizon. We've been trying some of the store brands, and some of them are actually pretty good. We try to save whenever and wherever we are able.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have not had a cold in 35 years. My health concerns revolve around cuts on the hand (stitches) and shaving my index figertip off twice. Much more painful than having stitches. There's nothing to stitch. I now grind my own coffee beans and will never give up peanut butter. But you're right about sticker shock. I see it every day. We are the most expensive market in the area but not the best. That was my old company now ruined by a sellout to a large corporation in Minnesota.
    Feel better Carole. That's an order!

    ReplyDelete