Friday, February 3, 2012

Friday

What an awful night.  I had a difficult time falling asleep.  Took several hours and then a difficult time staying asleep.  But I got up, went to work out anyway and got my other things done.  As the saying goes, I hate it when that happens.  I was a bit uncomfortable so I tossed and turned too.  Oh well.

Yesterday I took an end table to the Big City to give it to my son.  He was at work..I just decided to remove the glass and set it in the car and then bring out the table.  And a beautiful crystal and brass table lamp with a silk shade.  I counted 9 skunks dead along and in the roadway on the way there and an additional 3 more when I got off the Parkway and was on another 4 lane road going onward to his subdivision.  How in the world could so many skunks be dead on the road?  I have only seen no more than one occasionally but 12?  In one way trip to a house?  That's a passel o' skunks.

I have  Mac computer and Apple has my permission to send me occasional ads.  I got one a few days ago showing how to use iPhoto (our picture program) to make a calender. So I got my courage up and chose 12 of my flower pics and one collage of the Admiral (for December)  and arranged them.  The calender came today.  Wow, I love it.  It's a big one.

It is still way too warm and while that saves me in my natural gas heating, still, it's just not right.  You saw the daffodil in yesterday's blog.  The others are starting to bloom also.  Sigh.

This afternoon against my better judgement and usage of time, I sat in the chair and Katie Isabella hopped up and settled on my lap.  One warm curled cat on your lap...you're toast!  So since I was so short of sleep the night before all this..I drifted for half an hour.  I don't like doing that as there are other things that need doing.  But a warm cat on your lap, purring..it's all over but the napping.




17 comments:

  1. OMG! Love the calender:)
    Maybe as it warms up its skunk mating season......, that's what usually sends them out and about ?????? just a thought,, but it IS alot! :(
    Oh love warm kitty blanket & nap ;))
    Hugs ~ Angel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhhhh the purrrrrs of life driftin by........

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is one nice sized calendar. We were out and about a couple days ago and saw 3 or 4 skunks dead along the road.
    I totally understand holding a purring kitty...makes it hard to move and do anything else. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The calendar is beautiful, Carole! How sweet and wonderful that Katie helped you take a nap. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The calendar is beautiful!! Good job Twin.
    I hope you get some rest tonight.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Carole, I had a closer look at the Columbine flower and it looks good to me, what you could have done was just darken the leaves on the lower left corner. Great photo though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. HUGE deal..that is one very neat calendar Sis..love that!! So they really do come out great. Your photos are always so nice..great idea to show them off. Someone told me.."lost sleep is sleep lost." never do make it up..but a nap sometimes helps. Hope things go better tonight.. I could have called you.. I was up a lot myself. SKUNKS!!! Oh my don't remind me heheh.. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a beautiful calander Carole!
    Haven't you ever heard that old expression,"More fun than a passel of dead skunks!" "The 12 Skunks of Christmas"! It's also a scientific fact that 12 dead skunks is a sign of an early spring.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You needed that nap girlfriend. I'm so happy you found a place to hang that beautiful calendar with your photography work in it. It's gorgeous and should be admired by all who enter your house. Now - what's up with the skunks? Sounds like foul play to me - could they have been shot or something first. Just seems really strange.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nothing nicer than having a warm kitty on the lap or right in front of the computer. You take beautiful photos and I'm sure the calendar is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I had a lousy night too...I can't say that misery loves company in this case...I'm sorry for anyone having to have nights like that...ugh. That's a wonderful looking calendar you have there Carole! I'm glad you did that, there's nothing better than one you did yourself! I don't like naps either but I can understand how irresistible your sleeping aid would be! Have blessed weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Did you drink caffeinated coffee, usually having none or decaf? Around here, the Mom usually goes to sleep fine (TOO fine!) but wakes up later. But a big dose of caffeine will make her very wired.

    Odd about the skunks. I wonder if they have taken a break in their hibernation due to the unseasonably warm weather.

    ReplyDelete
  13. 12 skunks on the road...oh my. They have to be more careful! I was driving on a local road the other day and a dog suddenly crossed in front of me...my heart stopped for a second!
    Your calendar looks beautiful!! I'm thinking about making something with my photos (of kitties of course!) as well. Calendar is a good idea :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. There is nothing like a warm tuxie on your lap to aid sleep! The calender looks terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds like a purrfect way to spend some time to us...laptime is never wasted time! Thanks, as always, for visiting and leaving your pawprint on our bloggie!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow that is a big and beautiful calendar. If you didn't need that little nap you wouldn't have fallen asleep. I'm glad you let it happen. Have a super day gf!

    ReplyDelete