Thursday, February 9, 2012

Goin' Over the Mountains

Well, giddy up let's go..I'm headed out over the mountains tomorrow for an arduous weekend.  I'll get there as usual..we'll sleep fast and head out at 0600 on the road farther east for 4 hours or so and arrive at Family day.  We'll leave 3-ish from there, return to Charlotte and I'll stay the night and come home Sunday.  Just driving and sleeping mostly.

Missy here met her sitter.  You might think they'd known one another for years.  I have not know that friendly a cat in all my life.  She loves everyone.

I think my hot water heater may be on the verge of croaking after all these years.  My water bill went up some and so did the electrical part.  It is just like summer in the kilowatt hours used.  So I have left a note for the plumber for when I return home.

SIGH.  $$$$$

Hope all is well with you.  I've made some rounds.

Daddy with all three of my sons. Rent--a-bed in the background we got when he came visiting.  Boys took up all the bedrooms.  :-)

14 comments:

  1. The picture is precious!

    Have a wonderful trip and stay safe.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. We kitties and Mom are wishing you a good and safe trip. That Katie will do fine without you and will welcome you back with open paws too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a terrific picture. :)

    Have a great trip. Sounds like you don't have to worry too much about Katie!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful picture. Memories!

    Have a great trip Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful picture friend. Have a safe trip, have fun, and do not worry about Katie. She'll be just fine and has a good sitter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a good time on your trip. I'm sure the boys will love it. Nice to get everyone together. I always enjoyed family get together's.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that picture Carole! That reminds me of my own grandad on my Mom's side. I hope you have a safe trip and enjoy every moment of it. I'm sorry about the money on that water heater but maybe it won't be that bad. I feel your pain since I've got some car work that needs to be done involved a timing belt and some other things...it's not fun to hear what they quoted me on that little job...ugh. I'm glad you have such a friendly kitty...I love cats like that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just stopping my to say hello, Carole. Love the photograph of your dad and your boys when they were little. Hope you have a good trip, and a wonderful time with your family.
    I am so glad you got such a loving cat to take good care of you.
    xoxo Dianne :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very safe and fun trip Sis..glad things went well with the sitter..makes it so much more relaxed trip. Will pray your weather holds we will get some snow here I am thinking.. take care
    XXOO

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the picture. By now you'll be on your way and almost there so I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Enjoy your trip Carole. On a sad note my sisters adorable little cat Bella left us last Monday. She was precious.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Have a great and safe trip, thankful your baby is adaptable.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's so great Katie san loves her sitter. My Goro is like that, he loves everyone. Niko, on the other hand, is scared of strangers.
    I love the picture. It's so cute everyone in one chair :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Tell Katie the water heater gets installed in about 2 hours and the scariest part is when they drain the water out of the old one. The new ones are a lot different, TW tells me. For one, you don't have to light the pilot light with a match if'n it goes out. For another, they now cost a small fortune. Ours was 14 years old. After this trauma, she might not be so friendly to the next people who walk through the door.

    ReplyDelete