Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Sometimes Something Nice Happens

I had hurried off to the PO to get a particular bill mailed (just feel better mailing them there instead of the drop boxes) and on my way out of the door, an older lady kindly deferred to me as we met at the same door at the same time.  I held the door for her however after I exited.

On the way down the steps and to the car, she caught up with me and whispered "You have beautiful hair!"  Made the rest of my YEAR!  I usually am the one who says things (if they're true) to others and rarely do I get a day (evening really) brightener like that one.  I'm still smiling.  It's mid back length again..really need to get it cut.  It's slightly wavy. That was so nice of her.  Thank you dear lady.  I had freshly shampooed it and I was wearing a prettyand  thin linen blazer that set off the color I think.

Ever have a time when you stopped making excuses for someone who is usually being a jerque?  I made excuses for a long time for this person (female co-worker) but those times are over.  You just have so many cheeks to turn sometimes.  LOL.  Especially if you've been turning them for years.

Meanwhile me and my beautiful hair will get on over to your place.  Cookies are welcome if you have 'em..




17 comments:

  1. How nice! We understand why that sweet lady made your day happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful way to make you day. It does get hard to keep a excusing some people, especially when they don't seem to care or know how their behavior affects people.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a very nice compliment!! And well deserved I might add. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! So nice to meet you. I saw you dropped by my place an I headed over.

    It is always a shock to me when people go out of their way to give a genuine compliment and I wish it wasn't.

    Meg and Finny

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a delightful post. Nice words go a long way, don't they? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep, been there, done that with the jerks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. If some stranger paid me a compliment like that I'd be floating on cloud 9 for the next year. How very nice of that lady. It was spontaneous and you know very sincere.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How sweet of that lady. People are so wary of giving compliments. Don't know why. It's nice to make others feel good. Imagine the compliment she would have given if she could see inside your kind heart.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's nice to give out and also to receive compliments. I never understand why some people feel the need to put people down all the time. Guess it has something to do with their self esteem..or lack of.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wasn't that wonderful? Such simple words, but such an impact. I'm usually the one who will compliment someone else too, and it makes my day that those words have made *them* feel so good. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice of her and ya know she just stated what WE already know..you are beautiful inside and out, XXOO

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh how wonderful!! She is so nice to say that to you and she sure did because your hair was truly beautiful! Your post gave me a big smile :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is a nice compliment! You do have lovely hair though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. A limited number of cheeks! LOL! No wonder there's a finite amount of patience! You made me smile though I'm visiting late today.

    ReplyDelete