Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Tuesday Gratefulness

Here it is a sunny day with blue sky.  That is increasingly rare these past three years.  These have been the most overcast and rainy years in my memory since coming here to live.  We have rock slides in the mountains and even the hills as well because of the excess rain.  Thank goodness they have one lane open  again after full closure with detour on I-40 now as of yesterday after the rock slide there a week ago.  At least is was "small" and not like that horrendous national coverage of the slide that occurred a few years ago.  Kept that part of I-40 closed you may as well say 9 months.

I took off like a big bird with the camera.  I was hunting things to take a picture of with hardly any luck at all.  They say the pictures ARE there..just some of us can't see them.  That's a good way to put this affliction I have..not being able to see them.

So this Friday morning I leave for over the mountains to Charlotte and then farther east, about 4 hrs additional driving 6 am Saturday morning for a Family day, back to Charlotte that evening (Saturday) and then, back here to my place and Katie on Sunday. Not my idea of fun but has to be done.

Here is the one picture I didn't trash that I took this morning.  BUT at least I was out in the sun and not the usual rain, dark and gloom.  That was gold and gems.






16 comments:

  1. It is living in the shadow of those mountains that helps make it so wet. Have a good and safe trip. No drinking hot coffee while speeding along, OK?

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS: We like your picture there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simba! You remember what happened that time! I'm impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the picture! Have a safe trip and have lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a lovely picture. It looks so serene. Have a good trip and we hope Katie will be fine at home.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice photo! Interesting.
    Have a safe trip and have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That’s a very peaceful photo :)

    I hope you have a safe and happy trip visiting your family. I’m sure Katie will be fine and will be glad to see you when you get back xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Interesting photo and very peaceful. At least you'll get a break on Saturday - your son can do all the driving - take a nap while he's driving.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Durn rock slide..... just built the road to close to the rocks.

    Water is always a good subject.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Lord!, That's alotta driving..... whew!,,,
    Be Safe, Hope you have good weather for your trip :)
    Have a Great time:))
    This last year has been Very wet around here too....,I have been doing a lot of slipping & sliding, and have fallen a few times..... I was starting to think what the he-- is wrong with me!! constantly falling, till I realized it's because of everything being continually Wet! :( Take Care~
    Hugs & Kissez to You and Sweet Katie Bella♥ :) xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey I really like that picture! I haven't been out with the camera in a while. Maybe if I give it flowers and ask it nice.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It will be a lot of driving...I wish you a safe and fun trip!!
    I love your picture. What a clean blue color...it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Geez, I've really been off the grid, I miss seeing what's up with you when I do that. Our weather could be another planet compared to yours...I have no idea what the next season will hold but it's been weird for us...makes me nervous after the last couple years of violent weather in the spring and early summer.

    ReplyDelete