Friday, March 2, 2012

Friday Thoughts

My goodness I had a lot of varied dreams last night.  They ran the gamut from absurd to a little sad.  I wonder how much had to do with a cat jumping up and rooting under my body from head to waist seemingly looking for something.  That can really jar you for it is as if there was something in the bed to attract her interest and she was trying to get it out.  Worried me enough that I turned on the light (it was just before 4am) and got OUT of the bed to look thoroughly.  Cat dislikers---please  don't comment.  Dogs can also be annoying and it's all part of the life you have with pets. You take the annoying with the good.

I want to go to the next town and look for an end table.  But it's raining off and on so I have allowed that to delay me for a while.  We had our one day of sunshine  for the week yesterday and now, rain till I believe it was, next week.  This incessant rain is really hard to stand sometimes.  Around here it's rain all the time or drought.  In between would be nice.  But not for four years.  There was a drought for years, now it's rain for four years.  Even the moss has grown moss.

So..let me gird myself up with umbrella and credit card and head out here shortly.



This is the star on top of Mill Mountain in Roanoke VA.  MY city.  xoxox



10 comments:

  1. We hope the wild weather passes you by!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My family is from around Roanoke...the town of Wirtz. Also Boone's Mill in that area is named after my great grandpa, or maybe it's great great. ;)
    I, so understand the cat thing. We put up with it because we enjoy and love them so much.
    We're having rain, too. Hope you find the end table you want.
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am picturing a moss growing moss. :)
    If it's any consolation, we've been getting rain almost every afternoon / evening. With strong winds and scary thunder and lightning. Add high humidity to that and you get very sticky humans.
    I think Katie picked up something from her book and getting you up was part of "training".

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe don hip waders too. :-)

    As for the annoying along with the entertaining with our fur families...yep. Not too often I feel like shrieking at smoochy-boy Derry (don't, of course), but he's managed it a few times lately.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I sympathize with you about the rain. I have seen some years like that where it never seems to stop. We are about to get some truly amazing weather over the next couple of days but today was cold and windy so I had to struggle to enjoy taking pictures as I walked today. Pets are what they are...my current pet doesn't require much care as you know but I've had far more complex issues with dogs and cats both in my life. Have a great day Carole.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am really glad you didn't find anything when you searched your bed. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh how horrible - the dreams. I'm so odd because I rarely ever dream - at least I never remember them. It must be all the drugs. Now what on earth is Katie up too? She's acting pretty nutty to me. Maybe she's just trying to get you to wake up. It will be interesting to know if she does it tonight also.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can recall some of my cats from long ago pounce on 'nothing'. It was like they wanted to freak me out, lol. They can have wild imaginations and it is fun to watch. 4am, well at least there was nothing there. Dogs can 'bury' make believe things in make believe dirt. Gotta love'm. Glad you are safe from those wicked storms.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Girded up with umbrella and credit card!!! Sounds like you mean business lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. LONG night..little sleep worried over so many I knew in different states. I am sooo glad you and Katie and the boys are okay..scary stuff glad people now have some time to take cover. Hope the car is okay too. :)

    ReplyDelete