Saturday, March 31, 2012

Lemon Bread


Glaze

  • lemon, juice of
  • 1/4 cup sugar

Directions:


  1. 1
    In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar.
  2. 2
    Add eggs, one at a time, beating until creamy.
  3. 3
    Blend in milk.
  4. 4
    In another bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, salt and lemon rind.
  5. 5
    Pour into batter.
  6. 6
    Stir to moisten.
  7. 7
    Scrape into greased 9 x 5 inch loaf pan.
  8. 8
    Bake in 350f degree oven for 55 to 60 minutes.
  9. 9
    Cool in pan for 5 minutes.
  10. 10
    Remove to rack and while still hot, with a toothpick poke holes all over the top of the loaf, and spoon glaze evenly over.
  11. 11
    Cool.
  12. 12
    Glaze: Combine lemon juice and sugar in saucepan.
  13. 13
    Stir and heat till sugar is dissolved.
  14. 14
    Spoon evenly over top of hot loaf.


Read more: http://www.food.com/recipe/our-favourite-lemon-loaf-38953#ixzz1qjbElwJZ

14 comments:

  1. Everything's better with real butter. :-)

    Mom always made a nice lemon bread, glazed it as above. I never was that fond of lemon, though, in desserts. (I do like lemonade, like lemon on fish and on fiddleheads, etc.)

    I'm making your chicken/red potato recipe tomorrow, though. I still make it quite frequently, so easy and so good. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your recipe is a bit different than mine. I love lemon bread and now I am hungry for some. Thanks Twin.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for posting your recipe! Mom is going to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Carole, I will try it one day soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Sis,
    Thank you very much Have a great day I too like my sis Caloe Sis.and lots of Katie $ miyauke & Katie & Miguki& Uidaria.
    I have in my home that I am very happy days but I need to work hard... I still from your home address wad very happy and I hope will send write for you soon...
    restau rant I still think your recipe was very happy to me.
    xxxxxx Sis

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, does this sound good. My daughter-in-law brought a lemon cake yesterday...it was so good! Love lemon flavored baked goods!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmm, your lemon bread sounds yummy!
    I am so glad your brother is back home and doing well.
    I hope he gets a good rest and you have very relaxing weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mmm, your lemon bread sounds yummy!
    I am so glad your brother is back home and doing well.
    I hope he gets a good rest and you have very relaxing weekend

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh somehow I posted two same comments! My PC is working weird today!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That sounds delish. So many recipes, so little time, and bigger hips, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ah, so this is the lemon bread that Katie says she sees you eating all the time. I'll copy the recipe, but we may not try to make it until next fall. Ron does not like to bake if gthe weather is the least bit warm. (rolls eyes)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes I made Beth's lemon bread and it was delish. Mom loved it. I will try this one too someday. Thanks for sharing it.. : )

    ReplyDelete
  13. Am thinking of trying this for Easter. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Im going to take this one. I love lemon and so does my husband.
    Sorry for the delay. He is injured. Not many know and I havent said. Pulling my hair out to keep him in the house and Im almost bald. Its in his leg.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete