Friday, March 9, 2012

Sun again? Be still my heart!

My goodness..it rained all day and evening yesterday BUT there is sun today and supposed to be the same for much of the weekend.  That however remains to be seen. As I whined before, we get more than our share of rain.

I will go out in the early evening and get some pictures of the Bradford pear tree blossoms and the blooming Tulip Poplar blossoms.  Some folks call them magnolias.  I have since looked them up and they go under both names.  I tend to think of magnolias as the huge heavily scented dinner plate sized (spread out tip to tip petals) blossoms,  the Southern GrandiFlora-- not these small guys that come into bloom quickly and die within two weeks...but I was mistaken it seems).

Katie Isabella won a swag Bag from a Red Carpet Pawty a week ago and it came to her yesterday,  Oh it is a beautiful bag that I can use if Katie isn't at the moment, and it was filled with all kinds of cool things for kitties.  That was nice and quite an expensive gift to have won.  Random.org picked her name. Coolio!

I am getting an iPad from my youngest as he is getting the newest iteration that will be for sale March 16th I think it is.  I'm getting his present one and Apple TV too.

Next weekend I will be headed back over the mountains assuming the weather allows.  The snow always shows up at the worst times. Miss Katie will have a sitter.  I won't be gone long.

So, what's up, Doc?






18 comments:

  1. Nice shot of Katie. :-)

    We have two days of winter chill now (today and tomorrow) before we head back up to spring temps. I hope next week's forecast of low teens Celcius is correct--that would put our temps into the 50s F, which would be heavenly!

    The swag bag is fabulous, Carole, and so is getting an iPad, even if the iPad is second hand. :-)

    Have a lovely day and weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie's a lucky girl! :)
    Our weather is all hot and humid which really makes me wish for snow...not sure how I'll feel if there was REALLY snow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I heard about the latest i-Pad. I remain fairly annoyed that they come out with a new one about every single year. I heard about the HD capabilities of this one...hope you enjoy it! Spring seems closer here now yet the wind remains an unwelcome guest at this point...I'm so ready for it to go away for awhile! The weekend is almost upon us again: can you believe it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice bag that Ms Katie won.

    You are getting a bonanza with the iPad and the Apple TV.

    Sunshine here and cool today in the low 40s.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. How great to be getting your son's "old" iPad. Round here the humans are pondering whether to finally buy one. They have resisted up till now, but the Mom thinks it has some functions she would find very useful. e.g. the microphone, and an app to use the screen like a sketch pad for handwritten notes. You may be able to do that one on "your" version too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's great that you'll be getting an iPad that you don't have to pay for ;-).

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was a great win friend - the swag bag i MEAN. he he well, getting the new Ipawd from your son is another great win too. You are so lucky to have 3 boys to pass things down to you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely Sunny Picture, Katie! And yay on the iPad thingy...Teri just got her first iPhone and is learning how to use it. And MeWowZa...kewlio bag...Teri's been lookin at them and we are glad someone we know won one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have to pay a bit for both. It's only a year old as is the Apple TV and this time, I'm paying some for it. Usually he just passes things down to me. I don't blame him wanting a few dollars this time. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello my dear Sis,
    I am back to geting better now.
    will write soon

    ReplyDelete
  11. You'll enjoy the ipad thingy!! I love mine. I hope Katie Is manages without you .... she'll love the ipad too xox

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'd love to have an Ipad *sigh* maybe someday. Hope you're enjoying your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am very untechnical (Is there such a word?). I just got my first cell phone. I've yet to use it. I didn't get my first computer until 2000. Of course that doesn't mean you shouldn't enjoy you're new toy.
    As James Brown might have screamed, "KATIE'S GOT A BRAND NEW BAG! HEEEEEEY!!!"

    ReplyDelete
  14. The bag Katie san got is so cute! I love the kitty pattern very much. It's nice you are getting iPad. I heard price on iPad 2 is going down a lot, so I may look for it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hope you're enjoying sis
    Katie,Miyuki,victoria
    I may think for you....
    Sis

    ReplyDelete