Saturday, April 14, 2012

Search For the More Unusual

Good weekend to you.  For the past several years I have striven to get a least one or two more unusual or unique to them I should say, gifts for my boys for Christmas rather than all of the same old-same old.  I found one for the middle boy today that he will truly love.  (I start shopping early) and one for my youngest that he will enjoy but it is not unique.  I'm still trying there for him.  The oldest, he is hard to shop for and usually I have to let him tell me what he wants and I see if I can do it.  :-)

I am in a jeans jacket about to go out but I wanted to say good morning to all of you and hopes for a happy weekend.  It's still coolish out there these past 5 days and certainly the nights.  80's for the rest of the weekend I am told.

I have to go weed the upper flower bed before another week goes by,  I dread it.  Duck walking around it's perimeter and getting all the stuff out of the inside..torture.  If I could hire it done I would.  But no one wants to weed and there aren't many kids about to ask if they'd like to do it.


MY next door neighbor continues to mow once a YEAR whether it needs it or not and his weeds are all crowding my fence.  I don't like the idea of calling the City on them as that starts trouble.  I just suffer.  I just went and took these photos thru my window.  Thru the screen I might add.  So you can see what it's like over there and the growing season is just started.  That one of the back fence..you can't even see it over there it is so covered with poke week.  SIGH. Green mildew covers the white siding and stone work is falling off the front of the house.




15 comments:

  1. WOW - that is a mess. Too bad they don't have a fence that you can't see thru - at least you wouldn't have to look at it every day. I don't know how some people can be so inconsiderate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks awful and I agree with Mario's Mom with respect to the fence. The trouble is the weeds! They have no respect for fences - especially the invasive ones. Just remember to take a break every now and then. Don't overdo it. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sigh re your neighbors. Of course they don't consider how it is for you, because they don't even care enough to keep things better for themselves!

    Would love to hear rpivately what neat gift ideas you have come across - now have a son in law as well as a son to buy creative things for!

    The Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh dear. Why can't neighbors be considerate? That's quite a mess. Is it possible to pour weed killers on his side of the fence? Doubt he'll even notice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There has been a growing trend (pun some-what intended)here to hire people to do yard work. I can't quite imagine such a thing. I'm pretty blue collar when it comes to caring for the yard work...or should that be green collar? It does look like you've got more than you share of work to do and I don't envy you that one bit. I hate to admit it but the things I like to do outdoors seldom have much to do with toiling in the sun...a nice walk or book read with some lemonade is fine thank you very much! 54 and semi-dreary here...enjoy those 80's huh?

    ReplyDelete
  6. The deck is derelict looking. I'd be afraid to stand on it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very unfortunate that you have neighbors from H, E, double hockey sticks! Our back neighbors are the opposite way, and obsessive about it. They are very inconsiderate, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. EEGADS!! I can see where you would be tempted to turn your neighbor in, but you are so right in this day and age to be cautious. Better to live with the view then to worry about vandalism. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Christmas?? In April? lol you do start early! Sorry about your neighbour. I've had one like that :( There is really nothing you can do if you can't talk to them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like you'd need to wear a harness and tie yourself off--egads! And I thought I lived on a hill...when I get older I think I'm just going to adopt a goat to do the weed eating.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sis,
    I really thinking about to see your Jeans Jacket with him..
    Do you know I love very much work for an equal change on the turf as on the lawn.
    xoxoxo
    Sis,katie,miyuki,and Victoria.
    Michiko

    ReplyDelete
  12. That really is tough to look at. Just imagine what's hiding in there. Mice maybe? Had a landlord like that once. Was a believer if God put it there you didn't touch it. You couldn't even pick up broken branches or anything.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yikes, your neighbor's yard is quite a mess. Too bad there's not a way to cover that fence so you don't have to look at that...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh you do start shopping very early! It's better though than doing last minute shopping - less stress this way :-)
    The yard of your neighbor looks really bad. But I agree, calling city may cause trouble...:-(

    ReplyDelete
  15. So you mean to tell me that you have actually started Christmas shopping? What month are we in? The real question is... are you for hire to do mine?
    That's quite the yard your pal next door has. Good golly! What happened to having pride in one's property???

    ReplyDelete