Thursday, April 26, 2012

Surely no..it's not raining again!

Goodness, here came the rain again last afternoon and it has continued all the way thru the night and into all day and will keep it up till Saturday I think.  Better than drought I guess.

No one tried to back into me the past 24 hours but someone did pull right out in front of me from a merge lane without noticing I was a few feet away.  Luckily I anticipated that so I was ready.  For me, I start craning my neck with my head turned like Rosemary's baby at intervals so as to assess the flow of traffic I am attempting to merge into and maintain a speed that will help me get into traffic with as little fuss as I am able.  Silly me.

I need a cat tree, a tall one for Katie. She is leaping and flying about and tries scrambling up the walls to get to pictures etc. hanging there.  However the local pet store does not have tall trees and even if they did I have no way to get it home.  I have a Toyota Corolla S. I know no one with a truck and Simba suggested renting one to get to Knoxville and etc.  However..it would be too heavy for me probably to easily drag up the steps and etc once I got here not withstanding the $$$$ it would cost for the probable 2 1/2 hrs all told in rental cost.  Back to square one unless I mail order and I hate to do that because you can't see nor assess whether they are tippable or not unless you see and feel them.

Boring, I know.  But it's what's on my mind.  :-)

How YOU all?

7 comments:

  1. No rain here although we were under a warning last night. We really need some rain here.

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, We have rain here today and until Saturday afternoon. Good luck with finding a good Cat Tree for Katie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How about putting up shelves like it were a pathway for Katie to navigate? And you could velcro some carpet material on those shelves so she can scratch? She does sound like she would enjoy having something like that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wonder what a carpenter would charge you to make something like that. Do you know any retired carpenters or someone retired who maybe likes working with wood? We'll have to work on this idea., I think Katie would enjoy a cat tree or shelving she could go from one to the other,

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to say I have no ideas that will help. Katie is quite an active little creature. Rain is being called for her starting tonight and through the morning tomorrow. Since were low on the amount usually for this time of year I guess that's a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rain and cold arrived last night...a far cry from the mid-eighties we've been enjoying...I am disgusted at how easily I get spoiled after a mild winter. Having a car that isn't good for hauling big pieces of furniture I understand your dilemma. I hope you find a solution.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Today was cold and rainy here. We went out to a music event anyway, because it was hosted by friends of ours. Unles sone of your sons can help, you may need to rent a vehicle to get a large cat tree home, or maybe the store would deliver it. Neither option would be cheap, though. I hate to mention this, because it could mean $$$, but could Katie be at least a little hyperthyroid?

    ReplyDelete