Saturday, June 2, 2012

Where Did Summer Go?

Of course, it is not Summer yet.  The weatherman said it was going to be chilly last night and he wasn't kidding.  It's somewhere in the 50's for the low.  I didn't turn on the TV yet to see.  I know I was huddled under my sheet with it pulled to my neck in my sleeveless shorty night clothes.  I pulled on a heavy weight  baseball shirt as a wrap after I got up.  I'm in workout pants now and a thick T-shirt. I had hoped the heat would come on...it's programmed to at 68 degrees but though it was 67 in my room, where the thermostat is, it's 70.  Sure didn't feel that way to me.

My lens is awaiting parts.  I can follow it's progress on the Nikon repair site.  It will indeed be the three weeks+ that I was given to understand the repair/away time would be.  Meanwhile I am trying to get along with my 50 mm lens.  That thing is an unknown beast.  But if I'm outside I do fairly alright.  Inside..well, that is too frequently another story.

I'll be taking it to NC with me in less than two weeks probably.  Attending a graduation.  I may just take the little point and shoot I bought.

It's almost 8 am so I need to get cracking on finishing my getting ready for the day and head out with the camera.

xox


10 comments:

  1. Dear Sis!
    I think you spent happy the holiday specially on few couple of programs on television which are very enjoy to watch with boys.
    I can see that is beautiful flowers Sis..

    I spent most of winter in the now.
    Well it going to be cold time to me.
    I'am going to good night to you and later xxx hours ahead?
    xoxoxox
    Love you..
    Sis,Katie,Miyuki and Victoria.
    Michiko

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's pretty chilly here, as well. This, after days of heat that baked my lilies as if they'd been through Summer already. Boo! They came up early because we didn't really have winter. Now, I don't get to enjoy them as Summer approaches.

    Pretty cool that you can track your Nikon's progress. In the meantime, you'll get the hang of the 50mm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It heated up big time here...near ninety with violent weather possible this afternoon...it's our scary storm season now. I'm glad for the pictures you've been getting. I keep getting out with mine and posting here on Blogger and FB. I still find it a very therapeutic thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was bitter cold here yesterday not getting above 50.

    LOVE the lily Twin. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sis,
    I'm sorry about in the winter holiday at most of time.
    why I did write you..
    my thinking was to sad about JANE is not live with her photography is no more.
    I hope you will get your lens Sis.
    Michiko

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is cooler today, but there was an article in the newspaper today saying this has been the warmest spring (for us) in three decades. Lovely day lily...it looks like the ones we have at our back fence. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's cool here too. i'M SITTING here shivering, but it is supposed to warm up to 75 today. That will be perfect in my book.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The cooling trend extended to Birmingham where I was attending a UMW event this week-end. Home last night, it was good to be able to sleep without the a/c triggering on. Warmer weather is on the way, though.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Been cool here too. Had to turn the heat on again to take the chill out. Don't you just hate waiting? But the results will be worth it and by the time it gets back you'll be a pro at both lenses.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It has been cool,windy and cloudy here with rain at times for the last few days. At night it feels like Fall. I haven't really been able to enjoy or photograph my two rose bushes and they are shivering just like me. I sure hope in warms up and the sun comes back soon. It has been a strange weather, year so far, that is for sure.

    I sure hope you get your lens back sooner than later. Your Day Lilly is Beautiful. Nice shot Carole. :)

    Hope you had a good day with your camera.

    Thank you for stopping by for a visit today, and commenting on my header. It is one of my favorite pictures. I will never forget that year. I followed my swans from early Spring to late Fall that year.

    The very same swans are back this year and I have managed to get down a few times and captured a few pic's of them and their 9 cygnets. I hope to post some of my pictures in the near future.

    Well my dear friend, take care and stay warm and have a great week in spite of the weather.
    Hugs, Dianne :)

    ReplyDelete