Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Excuse me?

Ok!  Who died and  allowed/made Mayor Bloomberg in NYC, or for that matter ANY State or City official, or the government  responsible for what YOU want to drink (or eat). I am referencing Mayor Bloomberg in NYC with his Bill wanting to make it impossible to buy a sugar soft drink larger than 16 oz. if I read it correctly.  

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/nyc-mayor-michael-bloombergs-proposed-cap-soda-size/story?id=16848469#.UBBZQY6UCi4

I for one do not ever drink sugar soft drinks nor have I since I was 11 years old.  However, that is neither here nor there.  When will this intrusion by government and State cease?  How dare they claim to  control or even attempt to control what an individual drinks or eats? I don't give a rodents pigtail who is or is not overweight or who is or is not obese.  That is  individual choice and that same individuals decision as to the quantity he/she eats or drinks. That is NOT a matter for the government in any form to control.  Will they tell you next that you can't eat meat?  How about candy?  Should salt that be metered out to you as individuals too?  Has the liberalism of the government gone too far? Where or even will it, end?  What freedom of choice will be taken next?  We are not all 4 years old and needing close supervision. Why not take away liquor?  Now THAT kills.

How about the drones that business, law enforcement, oil companies, farmers, real estate companies and many others will have right here in the US to for their private or commercial use?  With cameras.  And some will be armed.  It's all true.  Google it.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/19/drones-in-us-lawmakers_n_1687204.html

10 comments:

  1. Yes Carole if left unchecked this government will be telling you what to eat and how much you can buy at the grocery store. Our rights are slowly eroded and people don't care or don't notice, I don't know which. But, I care, and I notice. My Doctors have already advised me that there are new government restrictions on what they are allowed to test and when. THAT is scary, real scary.

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true what Abby said. Go to 'Bilderberg.com'. There's a mountain of info.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bloomberg is the biggest Nanny State proponent in the US. He also has done it with trans fats and salt amongst other attempts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had heard all of this quite some time ago. I agree with you, you wrote a powerful rant. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gonna have to start bombarding our members of congress. With e-mail it much easier today. Sent one off today about the gun control crap.... a small step to allow people like Bloomberg to do what he is doing. Give em hell.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to agree with you. It's gone a little too far. They got by with it with the no smoking thing. Now sugary drinks!!!! Like you said, how about drinking? It will never happen with that because most of the politicians sit in the bars when they are away from home.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What happens if I want a tall, cool 24 ounces of something? When I first heard about this, I thought, "Of all things to legislate! There are more pressing issues in NYC than that."

    I read a recent article in The New York Times about damaging and widespread noise pollution in bars, restaurants - even health clubs. Employees are subjected to dangerously high levels of noise for up to 12 hours per shift. There are no rules about providing safety gear for employees. Take up that issue, Mr. Bloomberg! Many more people are affected by it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh yeah this is old news... the soda drink companies are pretty powerful and they will probably all ban together to oust this law somehow. NO WAY they got the right to do that and ask us to buy TWO dang drinks to make up for one large one. That guy is power hungry..crazy idea. Take care Sis

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very very well said. I totally agree it is individual choice and should not be something goverment cpntrolls... This is way weird to me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I see this intrusion as par for the course we're on. I find Bloomberg as another fine example of a man who never should have been elected in the first place and needs to find his way out however there's a host of such people in government and they ever seem to win elections.

    ReplyDelete