Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Wordy Wdnesday

My goodness, for over a week we have had crashing towering BIG thunderstorms each day long about noon to an hour later.  Strong sustained winds and powerful gusts..sideways rain that looks like a huge gusher. Lightening and ear splitting cracks of thunder.  The winds were so strong they bowled over my tomato plant each day.  I don't know how much longer it can take it.  (Carrie, that cello tape worked!  Saved the branch)  But then, my "crop" isn't as good as I had hoped for.  I will try another type next year.  I only got 2 very small peppers out of the pepper plant too.  NO idea what happened with either.  They are fed and cared for the same as I always have done with success...until this year.

I am still working out.  Enjoying it and getting the benefits.  There is one person there however..a hired trainer that I wish would simply not even notice or speak when I come in.  We just don't gee and haw well.

The oldest will be here this weekend and that will please Miss Katie Isabella.  Extra lovins and kissies.  I'm thinking BBQ chicken and yellow rice..with perhaps green peas for supper.  Yum.  He'll have his usual Saturday morning breakfast of bacon and eggs.  Not sure if there will be biscuits yet though. If so, grape jam on them.

I quit feeding the birds for awhile hoping that if that stranger cat was coming by for a quick feathered meal he would see his gravy train done went offen th' tracks.

Hoping to go over the mountains in a couple of weeks assuming all is well both here and there.  It's been almost a YEAR since I went with no other agenda as with this year, each time I went, we got in the car and drove 4 more hours toward east Carolina so as to visit the grandson in military school.  NOW I can actually relax a bit!  Go to uptown Charlotte  and to Matthews, Pineville  and visit all my favorite stores that I haven't been able to get to in about a year due to the other agenda.

The cherries weren't good this year that were offered in any of the stores here.  Slightly softish and not very sweet.  Saved me bundles tho I was disappointed as I would have bought pounds and pounds and foundered on them for a few weeks.  This time, one bag..that was it.

I took this picture at the arboretum.

Coming to see ya.















9 comments:

  1. We are under a severe thunderstorm watch until 8 PM. A 50% chance. It is 101 degrees here right now and I am listening to the weather radio.
    You are having the kind of storms that Rae is having. The rain is welcome but the side effects like loss of power and damage is not.
    Be safe! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forgot to tell you that the flower is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great flower photo. Sorry to hear that the tomato's are not doing to well. Mine are not as great as I thought but there is still a month or 2 before the weather starts to turn colder. I will post some photos this evening. One of my tomato's is turning red. Will have it for lunch in a few days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We've enjoyed that arboretum! The flower is really pretty!

    Sounds like you will have a busy week-end.

    We are gathering tomatoes from the garden, but not an overabundance. I am making marinara sauce from some of them today.

    Here where we are located, many of the recent storms seem to skirt by us! Hopefully you will not have too many more of them this summer.

    Yum! We love good cherries! I happened to find some at an organic market not too far away. I didn't even pay attention to what I was paying for them.:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. wordy.... hum... still looking

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry about the thunderstorms. We know from experience that they can wreak havoc on the plants outside. I'm sure you will have a great visit with your oldest son. Katie will enjoy it too! We haven't really paid much attention to the cherries in the stores. The dark cherries are usually expensive. However, one of the chain grocery stores in this area, Kroger, has had very good peaches for a few weeks now. Kroger is calling them "Southern peaches" The label on the peaches doesn't give a state of origin.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have to say that I really like that picture Carole. We too had a couple of severe thunderstorms today. One as I was writing my blog. Nasty heat as well. The temperature dropped but it still feels humid. It's been about 95 degrees for the last 5 days. Just awful. i better stop or I'll end up writing a blog entry instead of a comment. Besides I'm beginig to "tire".

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sis,
    Very bad draught for your state.. Our Australia are wining of water are all time and very dark inside home..
    Your beautiful plants was okay with you...
    Katie are looks okay with her...
    I reading about your writing with Katie ...I will be writing back again(I need for new post for other place again)Andrew is stay with me (his working business in here and only he be back tomorrow.)
    Will be nice to talking about you... Love you all ways.
    xoxoxoo
    Sis.Katie.Miyuki.and Victoria.
    Michiko

    ReplyDelete
  9. We have been having thunderstorms every day as well. It's good to have rain as it was very dry for a long time...but those strong winds are quite frightening. I hope your tomatoes will be okay.
    It's great your son is coming! Katie san will have lots of fun :-)

    ReplyDelete