Saturday, August 18, 2012

Good? I reckon!

Oh--- that chicken dinner was sooooo good.  Now, you'll have to like onion and bell pepper for this to succeed for you.

My son is taking home the leftovers.  He purposefully just had one serving as did I- so there is plenty left for him to take home this morning.  I put his in a  plastic storage container box and I saved one portion for my supper tonight. Um um GOOD!

2 teaspoons paprika
1 teaspoon minced garlic..I used dried.
1 teaspoon thyme leaves
1/4 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
1/2 (or to taste) teaspoon crushed red pepper

1/4 cup flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 6 serving size pieces.
2 Tablespoons olive oil.
1 large green or red bell pepper cut into strips.
1 large onion, cut into 1/2" thick wedges.
1 14 1/2 oz. can diced tomatoes, undrained.
1/2 cup chicken broth.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mix flour, salt and all of the spices except the red pepper flakes in a small bowl.  Sprinkle chicken with 2 tablespoons of this flour/spice mixture.

Cook chicken in hot oil in a large skillet high heat, 3 min. per side and remove chicken from skillet.

Add bell pepper and onion to skillet and cook 5 or so minutes till tender.

Then stir in tomatoes, broth and remaining seasoned flour and bring to a boil.  Stir in red crushed hot pepper flakes now.  Adjust to taste or you may just leave it out altogether.

Return chicken to the skillet, reduce heat to low and simmer till chicken is cooked through.  I check mine with a meat thermometer.

It is not near the work it looks like here.  Try it.


17 comments:

  1. Mommy says thank you VERY much for writing out the whole recipe for us. She says she will definitely try it. YUM sounding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guess we'll have to try that now that it has two seals of approval. Making me hungry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love peppers and onions so this would be a winner to me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Has empty plate, fork, knife and growling belly..... headed east.... I'll be there shortly... save me a morsel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sis!
    What is lovely day have you and I am so happy too.
    I will be back to this after noon ...
    more thing to do now.
    xoxox
    Sis,Katie,Miyuki,and Victoria.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've saved this recipe and will try it at a later date. Sounds really good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds delicious Twin. thank you for the recipe! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I copied that and can't wait to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Got this written down. Sure sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow, that sure does sound tasty. We're going to have to try this one out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. "Ramblington" has been included in the A Sunday Drive for this week. I hope this helps to point even more new visitors in your direction.

    http://asthecrackerheadcrumbles.blogspot.com/2012/08/a-sunday-drive_19.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jerry. I don't belong to Google+....and I would rather not join it. But I appreciate that you did that.

      Delete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sis!
    Gypsy will to drive for me at your home and Katie like to
    will go to the Lakeside and enjoy the water,And we can see the University rowing team to as they row thrown the water in their sculls hope you will enjoy too.
    xoxoxo
    Sis,Katie.Miyuki.Victoria.
    Michiko

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well, after being away a few days, this has whetted my appetite! I certainly haven't returned home ready to cook, though.:) That will have to wait awhile. It sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm sorry to made mistake in here.
    Michiko

    ReplyDelete