Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Jumped the Gun

I suppose I jumped the gun with my last sentence yesterday regarding the horrible filthy website I thought was attached to my site here.  I spoke with one of my sons who is a Software Engineer  and he has explained what it was that I saw (filthy but not "attached" as it were to my site)  He said most blogs unfortunately are visited by these trolls and filth makers.  There is nothing I can do about it unless I just quit.  No need to do that, delete the blog,  because of them as they aren't doing what my panicky thoughts said they were.  So, never mind.

Well, it's football time this Saturday.  College football that is and that is the only football I watch.  One of the boys will be over and he expects me to get some pizza  to munch while the game is on so that will happen.  I'll get it tomorrow. I only hope that our still new Coach can get something out of the team.  We have had the worst losing season in all our history these past two years, particularly last year.  It was until three years ago a proud and excellent SEC University football team.  The new Coach has been desperately trying to rebuild from nothing.  This may be his last year if we don't win some games.  It's up to the individual players as these things always are.  One thing though, our kicker could be replaced by Katie Isabella and we'd do better.  I may need to email the coach.  I just don't see how anyone could miss-kick so many balls, miss so many field goals and have so many of his kicks blocked.  We ought to bring in (kidding) a good HS football kicker/punter.  100 times better than the one we have.

Just wanted to say that I am back on even keel regarding the filth I saw yesterday in the stats  No comments from them..just they were here.  Sent me off the deep end.  They were on the cats' blogs stats too.


9 comments:

  1. Gee, I don't even look at my stats. Maybe it's just as well.

    Just to be on the safe side, Carole, make sure you're backing up your blogs regularly. Under the settings, other (or advanced), and export. Doesn't delete the blog, just downloads it to your hard drive, so you have a copy. I routinely do this with all of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh! I don’t even notice that stuff in the stats!!! I must be tuned out or something!! Enjoy the football (which I understand is different to what we think of as football!) lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sis,
    I was very happy for you today because you will enjoyed watch football this Saturday.
    I think Katie was coming with you...
    xoxoxo
    Sis.katie.Miyuki.and Victoria.
    Michiko

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad you son got that all figured out!

    I hope your team wins!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad your son was there to help you figure all of that out, and that you won't have to delete your blog! I hope your team has a great season (and that your kicker suddenly turns things around). :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. There will always be trolls of one sort or another as long as there's Internet I imagine and like you I have no intention of letting a few bad apples spoil the bunch. Today is another hot one for us which is the new norm I guess. Have a good one Carole.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The trolls like to attach themselves to websites that get a lot of traffic or comments so that might be something too that called them. Glad you are sticking it out here I would hate to lose you. Take care and have a safe labor day weekend. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you don't have to delete your blog. There are always those annoying crazy people on the web. sigh..
    I hope your team will do good this year. And I think Katie san can train them and teach how to kick properly :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This reminds me of how I went off the deep end when I thought someone was trying to take over my blog. Maybe I should check my stats.

    ReplyDelete