Monday, August 6, 2012

Over the River and Through the Mountains...

To my middle son's house I go.  That will be Thursday morning.  For the first time since before last October I may get to go to all my "places" I love to go.  Someone needs to be in charge of spending.  That place is wonderful for shopping.  At the highest end to the lowest, it's all there.  LOVE it.  I have come home with the trunk bursting with "stuff" almost every time.

Soon as I do this I have to go buy another tote bag.  I never thought I would see the day but mine are all in use holding books.  SO..I need another to carry a change of clothes and jammies in.

If it would only stop being so humid out there.  It rains buckets every day after about 5 weeks of NO rain at all...enough to mess up crops, and now..rain every day and humidity over the top.  You get in the car and despite the a/c you still get perspiry (no such word, I know) walking to and from the vehicle  and me, my hair is thick especially in the back so I wind up with a quite damp back o' th' head when all is said and done.  I hate that.  If that's the worst thing ever to happen to me (and it hasn't been SO far) I have it made).

You know what I wish I had?  Some fried potatoes and onions.  I won't make them though because I would founder eating them.  Color me exploded!

I have had to pay to have a certified by the State wildlife trapper come out and set traps.  So far, two raccoons and an opossum.  They were on the deck tearing it up and gouging it as well.  Tore up and broke my expensive hummingbird feeder too.  Threw the patio set around and terrorised the cat even though she is always inside.  She sees the hulking things and tries to fight them through the window glass at o'dark early.  Screams and growls from her have me up trying to sooth the situation.  It was worth the money to have someone come out and take care of at least a few.  I see I will always have to bring in the nectar at night until they leave to go back to their homes, the hummers that is.  I hate to bring it in at night because they are fattening up for their trip now...and I have seen them out there drinking in the dark.

That's my story..what's yours?






14 comments:

  1. If you go on my blog you will see my story. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love fried potatoes and onions and that is my story! Have a
    safe trip and have fun. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am happy that Katie is content with a sitter after your loyalty to the Admiral. You deserve a few good vacays! PM

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sis,
    What are lovely store with you having a Katie girl.
    I going back to see your home for this week end.
    We must have always for in future Sis.
    xoxoxo
    Sis! Katie.Miyuki.and Victoria.
    Michiko

    ReplyDelete
  5. We're having the rain and humidity here, too. At least things are no longer brown.

    Garry requested fried potatoes and onions last evening, so that's what we had along with sliced tomatoes. The coons have been leaving us a few tomatoes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have been having thunderstorms but not so much rain. But little cooler, which is nice. I just had fried potatoes yesterday. I got at fast food resraurant and as it was not salty enough for me, I put garlic salt when I got home. It was good :-)
    I'm happy some raccoons and opossum are trapped and sent to far away. I hope, in the near future, you will be able to keep the nectar for birds outside even in the night time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nothing too new here...hot, hot, hot, dry, dry, dry. The potato and onions sound great...we usually only do that when we camp which isn't as often as it used to be.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have a great time! Looks like you need a kindle??

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haven't put up my story yet. Been very busy here. Hope to do it in the morning. Two years ago Jack live-trapped 3 raccoons and took them way out in the country. Haven't seen any sense but with the heat and little rain I expect to see all kinds. Like the deer eating sisters garden up.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad to here you are getting rid of those critters. They can be such a problem. We have only had one raccoon over the years and he did not stay. They are not normally in my area. We have been having sunny hot days then thunderstorms roll in in the afternoon making it humid as well. That is something we normally never experience here. The down pour of rain and wind that comes has been hard on my flowers. My poor sunflowers have been breaking off. I have put splints on them and they seem to survive. Have a wonderful trip and enjoy your shopping. Hugs Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sis..so glad you are getting rid of those pests..they can be a real handful. So sorry poor Izzy has to be tormented by them. Things have been rough on the wild this summer,drought and no food. Hope you have a nice time on your trip. I can't even remember the last time I just went and shopped until I dropped. Ha, XX00

    ReplyDelete
  12. Poor Katie, having all those critters upsetting her. Fried potatoes and onions sounds so good, just love' em.
    Yesterday we had 2 nice showers with the sun shining. The humidity is awful. Soon temps are supposed to be cooler, can't wait for that.
    Have fun visiting with your son. And enjoy shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Katie,
    You must missing with your Mum I think best way just like to coming see you and we will enjoy with lovely time.
    What good idea remember about your son..
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete