Saturday, September 29, 2012

The Weekend

Oh what beautiful weather.  I hope that is the same for you.  Next month, October, is famous for its blue skies and cool temperatures and changing leaves.  Just a great time to be alive.  Enjoy these blessings.  They only look like this once a year.  Other times of the year the blessings are still there; they just look different.

I am going to have to start doing something I really wish I didn't have to do.  That will be nudging Miss Kathryn Isabella in the night.  She has almost an entire bed for herself but she must encroach on my small space.  I just want to lay in peace on the right side of the bed as though I were still married.  (I never graduated to the other side or the middle) I turn over (I am a side sleeper) several times in the night and when it's warm, I flip my pillow as well.  Can I do this on a routine basis?  Nope.  Nein.  Nyet.  No. Huh-uh. R U Kiddin'. Forget about it. In other words Miss Priss takes up residence at the side of my feet OR at the bottom of them.  Now if you want to draw your knees up that's fine but eventually you want to stretch your legs back out.  But noooooo...someone has oozed into your feet's resting place.  That someone is warm, totally furry and sound asleep.  I don't have the nerve to kick her off.

Round Two:  She has taken up sentinel and is soft, warm and furred--- asleep at either by my belly or my back.  All warm I stress to you...stretched out at least 5 yards long along my back or front and sleeping like a baby.  As I wish *I* were sleeping.  Can I turn?  No.   My legs are cramping, my hip hurts, whatever..and I can't move because a trusting warm loving sweet little warm girl is there.  Eventually micrometer by micrometer I do change position.

I always swear and be-durned that I will kick that little 10 pound baggage off.  I have yet to have the heart to do it.

I was at my son's home over the mountains and I slept fantastically well with no helpers bunked in there with me.  Those without a pet would say "Close the door so they can't get in".  Sure.  Ever heard the sound of carpet being shredded as they try to claw the door open?  Ever hear the knocking on the door by a little arm as they  try to "batter" the door open?  Meows getting more and more desperate?  They want to be with their humans.  Sigh.  Yawn.

You can biggafy the picture. Just click.





17 comments:

  1. he he - sounds all too familiar to most of us anipal people. Plus, you'd miss her if she wasn't there. You'll have to strike a happy medium - let her sleep where you can put up with her, and kick her off the areas where you can't put up with it. Then of course she'll just sleep where-ever she wants to anyway and you'll start all over again. Good luck. I sometimes have to kick Mario out of bed too for the same reason. And, he insists on sleeping on my side, which puts me in the middle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes the smallest creatures can cause us the greatest dilemmas! I have no suggestions for you, as this is an area in which we have no experience.

    We have been having some fantastic weather, that's true! We seem to even have had enough rain so our fall color is going to be good this year. Not much turning in the mountains yet, though. It's probably still a bit early for that.

    I hope you had a good time away last week-end, along with many happy birthday wishes and surprises! I'm always thankful to have another birthday come around.:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Growing up we always had a cat or cats. At one time we had five. I know all about the sleep routine. They always place themselves so you can't move. And if you did move or jostle them just a little, that's it they're outta there and probably ticked off at you. And of course you had to get up and let them out or the would scratch the crap out of the door.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I forgot to tell you that is a cute picture of the royale highness!! She's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Miss Katie looks so sweet and innocent in that picture. I have no clue as to how you can get a little more bed space. I have a queen size mattress & I take up all of it. lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know exactly what you mean. When hubby is away on work travel, the cats (Cosmo, Ling AND Tutu) would pile into bed with me. Cosmo on my chest, Ling between my legs and Tutu at my side. It's funny how they won't enter the room if hubby is home but would immediately pile in as soon as they hear hubby's bag rumble down the driveway. LOL.
    Whisky sleeps with me every night but she prefers her own bed on the floor next to me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do what I would do, just pic her up and move her. You don't have to be rough, be gentle and she won't even wake up. She won't fall apart if you touch her.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We've had our share of both dogs and cats and I can't say we've ever really had that problem. I know that it doesn't take more than one bad night before my contacts are killing me so I'd find a solution in a hurry. Have a good day Carole.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The joys of having a pet huh? Good luck in the getting more room. Hope it works. We hope to keep the upcoming puppy out of our room in the training session. Will be interesting.

    Your right about DWTS. They got rid of the one that had to go. I feel the same as to who should go next. Trouble is she has a fan following, but I hope it's not large enough.

    ReplyDelete
  10. it's such a problem! I have to keep Austin out most nights as he doesn't sleep he fidgets all night long and he pokes me and stares at me! It's freaky!! The carlets have a very nice shag pile they never used to have just outside all the doors! xox

    ReplyDelete
  11. Katie has you well trained. lol She is Beautiful Carole but you need to gently, with love show her that you are the top cat, and move her over and take control.
    You need to get your sleep too. Obviously Katie can sleep any time, any where.
    Have a Beautiful Sunday!
    Hugs, Dianne :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. TBT here: I can help with that. The cats get bed privledges, but not on top of me, and I get to move around at will. Now Iza sleeps in a corner of the bed, Ayla sleeps by my shoulder (but not on it), and Marley likes to sleep under the overhang of the blanket most of the night but on the bed near Iza in the morning. Ayla or Marley join me under the blanket in late morning, but not touching me (they are still in scratching range, which they love). Iza comes in sometimes, but has learned not to sleep ON me too.

    The best mornings are all the cats under the blankies close to me, scratched, and purring.

    Took a year of practice, but its worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. We understand, Carole. We really do! Our boys are big bed hogs, and if I get up in the middle of the night, you can guarantee that one of them (usually Moosey) will be stretched out fully in exactly the spot I was just laying. :)

    He's learned that when I give him a gentle little nudge that he needs to make room. I bet Katie will be okay with that, too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I know this scenario very well. I just reach under the covers and gently nudge her. I do this by lifting the covers. It does work with Kassey. I hate putting her out and feel so guilty especially after her recent diagnosis.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's been raining and raining. But I'm sure the blue October sky will show up after the rain is gone.
    I smiled big to read "micrometer by micrometer." I do the same :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I keep a small bag of cat treats by my bed so when I want to move one of my cats (if they do not take a gentle hint) I reach for the bag and the cat magically springs up.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Mom wants to know if you want that rustic heart and bird? Thanks for thinking of us!

    Cats of wildcat woods

    ReplyDelete