Wednesday, September 19, 2012

What an HONOR!

Guys, I took a picture of a magnolia grandiflora several years ago.  Matter of fact, I have it on my FB page as my profile picture for awhile.

Today I found a box was outside my door and on opening the box I saw that my dearest friend Mary had mailed me an actual painting done by her husband of that very picture taken by me.

It is a faithful and beautiful rendering and I am HAPPY.  I will wait till I come back and then I will go find a proper picture holder and hang it in a place of honor in the living room.

I took a picture but even though I did not use a flash of course, still I need to go out with it and try again in natural light.  I did not do the frame justice.  It is a distressed wood and dark but in my poor picture it looks lighter.   I'll fix it tomorrow.

I just wanted to tell you how happy I am to have this treasure.  Thank you Don the artist and Don and Mary his wife for gifting me with this lovely painting.  Click to biggafy.

xox

12 comments:

  1. What a beautiful painting! It will be lovely hanging on your wall! Perhaps it's an early birthday present.:)

    Sending you the best for your week-end!

    Hugs,
    Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  2. The painting is beautiful. The artist did a wonderful job of your photo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, what a lovely gesture!

    Have to say, though, that I'm so bleary-eyed from camping downstairs last night (great fun for the cats) while both my uncle and Dad are here, that I thought the subject line of your post was "What a Horror." LOL. Then I read it and realized "horror" didn't quite make sense. :-p

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's really wonderful Carole, that's a true treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carol: I am so glad you view my artistic endeavor in such high esteem. It was your photographic artistry that inspired my work. Thanks again for your gracious comments.

    Don(Mike Angelo}

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a wonderful thing to do. Your blessed with such good friends. It is just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sis,
    I always your photos is wonderful here is you can other pick up where you left can journey into other realms of the Internet to help connect for you.
    xoxox
    Sis.Katie.Miyuki and Victoria.
    Michiko

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's just so lifelike..he is very talented.. How special a friend for doing that. You can smile every day you look at it.
    Take care :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just beautiful! Don has a great talent. What wonderful friends!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an honour that is. What a thrill to see you photo done as a painting. Just beautiful. Hugs Carrie

    ReplyDelete