Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Why Me? But Then Again, Why NOT Me?

I had a great workout this morning.  Coming on back to the main drag in town to go to the post office I got behind what I now see had to have been an impaired driver.  I don't know what her problem was but she sure had one.  Of course, NO signals whatsoever to indicate the erratic turns and lane changes she was making at a blazing 20 mph on the 4 lane divided main road thru town.  She was not very young nor at the other end of the spectrum.  She was just acting strangely.

The finale occurred when she started drifting into the turn lane at her top speed of 20 mph and finally made a decision to get into it.  Stopped at the green light..finally moved to turn and then what did she do?  She started pulling into the parking slots outside of a drugstore on the side street we both had turned onto and then, as I started to go around her she suddenly changed her mind and pulled directly out into the traffic lane ( the front of my car) again, and apparently she decided to make a U turn across 3 lanes of opposing traffic.  What the heck????

I did indicate to her that I found this irrational and vaguely upsetting.

Then I got into the P.O. where the one only clerk was helping a couple with their package. It was 15 minutes, my friends, fifteen minutes  she  used as she passed the time o' day with them...did the usual "need any stamps, envelopes, stickers, greeting cards" (no, really...she did) and then taped up their package for them very thoroughly while the rest of us languished in varying stages of Salavadore Dali reinactments of drooping time pieces.  Then she disappeared into the back reaches of the building and re-emerging, she  FINALLY indicated that we who were waiting in stages of despair  were allowed to advance to the coveted place at the counter whereupon I presented my little envelope to get the proper postage affixed.  Bam!  Done.  Next?

And how was your day?  You know what they say though; if this is the worst thing that happens to ya, you've got it made.  :-)

16 comments:

  1. One of *those* days calls for a small piece of *very good* chocolate, preferably dark, IMO. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW, did you report the woman? Here there are signs posted all over town to call the police if you spot someone driving erratically. I wonder how many people actually do call in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this. btw, I often say "why not me", because I truly believe it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mario's mom here - don't you just love those frustrations. It might not have been so bad if you hadn't run into the crazy driver lade to start the trip out!! That erratic driver needs to be reported before she hits someone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was certainly frustrating. Maybe someone reported her.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is the same way in our post office. there is always a line in there and the clerks are always chatty. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. These 'little frustrations' make us really appreciate when things go smoothly don't they. May tomorrow be a much better day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, at least you had a great workout! :) Hope the rest of your week is much better than today!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Come to atlanta, i will show you some kinda crazy on the road !!! I think it is required here lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. OH Carole !! ...... :\ You certainly handled it much better than I......., I was so afraid as I was reading this that she hit your car.....::breathing sigh of relief:: Glad your ok :) ♥♥xo♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. I commend you in not going postal Carole!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Sis,
    I just don't know about you having a bad time..
    Today is the weather is bad they predict with rain.
    Yesterday was just nice weather for all day.
    I hope you having just beautiful of photography and you are wonderful with Katie!
    xoxoxo
    Sis.katie.Miyuki and Victoria.
    Michiko

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh no it doesn't sound a good day. There are too many crazy drivers on road. Once before, I stopped at traffic light as it just turned red, then a car behind me moved to the next lane, passed me, and drove on the red light. What's the hurry? I don't understand...
    I'm glad we are not one of those crazy drivers :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Sis,
    Do you know that we having the another rains day.
    No more golfing days.
    I was thinking about you and Katie!
    xoxox
    Sis.Katie.Miyuki.and Vicutoria.
    Michiko

    ReplyDelete
  15. Got more patience than I have for sure. I would have called the cops in nothing flat. People like that have no business on the roads taking others lives in their hands. AS for the post office..they LIVE to make us wait. HAH!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I had an incident several years ago. I was behind a young woman who turned her right signal on, began the turn, then decided in mid turn to go left. She cut directly into my path. I tried to avoid her but ended up hitting her in the front fender. Fortunately we weren't going all that fast. I got out of my car very angry. "You signalled right, began the turn, then went left directly into my path!"
    Her answer? "I only went a little right!"
    By the way it was considered my fault because I hit the front part of her car.

    ReplyDelete