Monday, October 22, 2012

One Last Gasp Here... :-)

Then I'm done about clothes.

Like my sweet friend Red Willow who commented on my blog of yesterday, I wear a lot of jeans and the tops in cooler weather are sweater- type many times or solid color knit tops with 3/4 length sleeves and scoop necklines.  Many times I like turtleneck styled tops or feminine blouses/shirts. Leather boots usually with a normal heel height unless they are dressier boots.  Athletic shoes of course for work outs. and all are feminine including the underpinnings.  Like Lisa (Red Willow) good perfume is a part of my everyday wear.  I was struck by that statement in her comment as I think not that many use fragrance each day.  I already know about allergies and so I try not to douse myself and I do pay attention to places that are posted with  don't wear fragrance signs.  You have to come kissin' close to smell it many times. For dressy occasions I don't wear dresses but 2 piece outfits instead.

I enjoyed and smiled at all of the comments these past two days.  Thank you for them and I hope you enjoyed the give and take.  xox

I am having lunch with a man friend.  I'll be headed out here in a few minutes.  Hope your day is a good one.  I took this picture at a popular Park a few miles away.







14 comments:

  1. Have a great time :) Are you wearing twinset and pearls? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't wear fragrances much at all any more.. I am so allergic I just can't breathe around them. I tend to shy away from those who are heavily sprayed. I do use perfumed soap and deodrant but only the lightest smelling ones. I hope you have a great week too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw this picture on FB and I think again that you've got more going on for fall still then we do...it's looking pretty rough out there now. Have a great day Carole!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I admit to being allergic to many perfumes and for that reason I don't wear them. However, I would not be allergic to lunch with a man friend. :-) Have a wonderful time! xoxo

    The photo is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wear a light fragrance once in awhile. I know you will have a good time. Love the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well the only fragrance that I wear is call Cat. And not a soul cares about what I wear. I know the donkeys don't care. By the way, I feed the fish every time I come. Hope they aren't getting too fat. Just what I need is something else to feed. But it is fun. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful scene in that picture! Aren't we blessed with lovely vistas in our area?

    At my age, I am rebelling at the thought of wearing fashions that supposedly have my "certain age" in mind. That makes it just a bit tricky to find something suitable when I shop. I do have a dress or two that I enjoy.

    Enjoy your lunch.:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always think it's good for everyone to look current and stylish but age & weight appropriate. There is a balance. I
    saw several younger women wearing tube type tops this past weekend, and they need support for the girls and also need some spanx. Just sayin....

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It was strangely fascinating to read all about what people wear! A light dash of perfume is just the right finishing touch.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have a wonderful lunch with your friend! (Probably had by now.) :) I love fragrance too, but also know that a little goes a long way! Pacifica has one called Tuscan Blood Orange. And believe it or not, it's not as fruity as it sounds, but orange is the primary scent. It smells yummy in a good way!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree that jeans are generally the way to go. And I personally like long pants and shirts. But with my Dad here needed warmer house temperatures, I have to wear shorts and short-sleeve shirts these days. I hate shorts! But it is "wear shorts or sweat", and I'll take the shorts are the lesser of two evils.

    But I realized something a few days ago. I hated shorts because when I was a teen-to-20s, I had fat legs. In spite of playing soccer and being on the cross-country team in high school, they always just looked "fat". So I never really paid much attention to them until I started wearing shorts again recently. OMG, they look better than I remembered. Gardening is better exercise than I thought! I bet I do 100 leg squats a day weeding the gardens... Who would've guessed? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Sis!
    You are wear jeans tops cooler weather Sweater other so many nice dress it all most back to when was your finishing fashions time of not so long age... still reminiscence you!
    Have a wonderful time.
    xoxoxo
    Sis! Katie.Miyuki and Victoria.
    Michiko

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is beautiful . I love the fall colors.

    Oh my you will never guess . I lost your comment on my blog with a few others. I had some to publish and some spam again and I hit the wrong button. Forgive me please . I did see it. .Loved it and wont forget.
    Much love

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful Fall photo. I wear perfume even when shopping. But I don't waste it for a stay at home day.

    ReplyDelete