Monday, October 15, 2012

Silken Capelet

I got a gift of gifts a few days ago.

A dear friend knitted me a silken (really) capelet for my birthday.  I am even more grateful because her mom had a severe illness happen about the same time as my birthday, so my friends time is very limited with caring for her mom and getting through her own life as well.  Yet she created this beautiful capelet.

I saw one in her photostream on Flickr a few months back and had left a comment that the beautiful creation was "the stuff that dreams are made from".  Little had I known then that I would hold a dream in my hands a month later.  I am looking for just the right top to wear it over.  A black scoop necked one would be best I think.  No necklace as the collar enhances the capelet beautifully.  My regret is I was unable to capture the glint of the very tiny jewel green beads throughout.

Thank you Karen and much love and gratitude.  XXOO




11 comments:

  1. That looks very nice Carole plus it exemplifies the fact that the thought counts! Wow, what a wonderful gift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is just beautiful. How nice to take that time when she was so busy. There are so many wonderful people in this world aren't there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was sweet of your friend to do this. It's s beautiful capelet and I sure like the color.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Friends like her are priceless. I love this, wonder if she makes them to sell. If so, let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The capelet is beautiful!! A very nice gift from your friend! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are too kind, my friend. I'm just happy you like it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, the Lady that made this is very talented and if you biggafy the photo you can see the beads that are incorporated into the Capelet. Carole this would look great on you, you'll just have to pick the right dress for it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sis!
    Karen has made for very beautiful Capelet nice made for you
    and with nice for her Mum getting better soon.
    I love you very much Sis!
    thinking about you all the time Sis!
    xoxox
    Sis,Katie,Miyuki.and Victoria.
    Michiko

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, I sure don't know anything about women's clothes, but I can tell that is a wonderful piece of work!

    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  10. The capelet is so beautiful! It is so sweet of your friend Karen to knit it for you out of her busy days.

    ReplyDelete