Friday, November 16, 2012

Friday..Hooray!

I love meeting new friends and seeing old friends too.  That happened last night and what a nice evening it was.

My oldest will be here this evening and for awhile tomorrow.  Katie will be SO glad.  He is her favorite most brother.  She sees him more in all fairness to the other two.  I made him some chewy brownies..my goodness are they GOOD.  I just cut a small one for me.  Quality Control don't you know?

Another beautiful cold day.  I love those sunny cold days when jacket IS required.  It will warm to the 50's which is seasonable for us.  I am glad that this years  Fall and Winter seasons seem to be starting off with COLD in it instead of the strange almost weird warmth of all of last year.  I don't want to see my tulips and daffodils and hyacinths blooming in January ever again.

I spent most of the night on the very edge of the bed while someone whose name shall not be mentioned, spread out all over the entire rest of the bed.  How can ten pounds become so mighty?  And a tail spread out like an oar or something never mind those 4 legs filling every square inch on the rest of the bed.  Here is a small sample.  She is in HER recliner.








19 comments:

  1. Cats own everything, of course. :-)

    I'm usually hemmed in by the boys, though Nicki seldom stays the full night. But sometimes it's hard, when I have an immovable body on each side, to get up in the middle of the night for a bio break!

    Enjoy the time with your son...and the brownies. I'd do quality control. I'd eat the whole pan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try sharing the bed with more than one and then we will talk. :) I am forever amazed at the real estate a cat can inhabit. Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's class right there...someone (whom shall remain nameless) surely knows how to stretch out with style...I look like an old blanket when I do that...maybe I need some lessons.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Miss Katie is in charge of your house, that is for sure! I love that picture!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Quality control! Yes!! That's my specialty!:)

    Enjoy your time with your company. Do you think Miss Katie will sleep elsewhere tonight?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I guess you could also say that your lucky she isn't any bigger that 10 pounds. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sis!
    I feel like I wont feel better like things won't get better And while I know intellectually that is not true. If feels true.
    It hurts like deep scratches on my heart.
    Love you so much Sis!
    xoxox
    Sis,katie,Miyuki,and Victoria,
    Michiko

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this early cold weather too. And I could put a dent in that pan of brownies, chocolate lover that I am.

    ReplyDelete
  9. One good thing about the cold is it kills of some bugs.

    Oreo has his own bed in our room and does real well in it until 4 in the morning. Then he must go outside and thinks he should join us in the big bed. Of course, he wins.

    ReplyDelete
  10. ha ha - she does like to sprawl out doesn't she.

    ReplyDelete
  11. She sure looks comfy. Have a great weekend Carole. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Don't you wish you could just lay around like that, body spread from one end to the other. I remember what a bed hog Wildflower use to be. Hope you have a wonderful week and more. Hugs Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  13. It was very weirdly warm last year and I wished it would be colder this winter...and it is very cold. Brrr. I think your flowers will not get confused this winter :-)
    Katie san is spread out very beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOL. Well, of course you got the recliner for Katie, did you not? :) And even if you didn't (really,) she has obviously made it hers! Felines just do that, we know. They're possessive creatures. They adore their humans AND their humans' stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  15. hope you have a gr8 visit with your son and if you have any brownies left over feel free to send them my way

    ReplyDelete
  16. You should be happy she allows you on the bed at all.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wishing you and the lovely Katie a Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete