Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Oh no, here it comes again...rant # who knows?

I suppose I am the only one in the entire Country who thought that segment on GMA stunk!  They showed videos of  two tiny boys, maybe 5 years old or under, prepped by their parents obviously in all ways including their shirts---one colored red, one colored blue, fighting and coming to blows over the Presidential candidates.  The little boy in red was struck by the little boy in blue with something hard that made the boy in the red shirt cry.  And their parents videoed this and thought that was soooo funny. (at their childs' expense!)

Then they showed a little girl, maybe 8 or thereabouts, her face mottled with red splotches caused by hard crying, tears falling, also anguishing over the Presidential candidates.  I guess her parents also thought this was oh, so funny.  Well it's not.

Those little ones don't have a clue whatsoever about candidates, issues or anything else.  Why stress them like that and make children suffer over things they have no understanding or control over and as a parent  show that to whoever watches for profit or just for laughs at the child's expense?  I personally think that is unkind and not good parenting.  I want to use the word disgusting but I won't. (yeah, right)

This is one of the many reasons I do not like that show.  It was on for noise as I forgot to turn it off when the local news and weather were over.  Well, I won't forget again.



Lake where the fishing is good.  I took this a few weeks ago.

14 comments:

  1. I haven't seen the first clip you mentioned but I have seen the second one. Excellent post. I agree with you.
    The photo is lovely. Let's forget all of our worries and go fishing Twin!! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems unnecessary to say the least. I don't think it's helpful at all to do that to kids. I talk to mine often but it's not about performance, it's related to school most of the time. Educating them is one ting, putting them in that position is quite another, ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree with you, Carole! What so often passes for "entertainment" these days is shameful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. GMA is a Horrible show. I barely get to see my local news-yes, NEWS, not entertainment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did not see that segment this morning. Usually I do watch that program. I agree with you 100% - that was in very poor taste and the parents are sick adults if they think that is either cute or funny. I see nothing funny about that at all. Oh, your picture is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do not watch GMA and agree with what you said. Horrible parenting. How are kids supposed to feel interested in the election process if they are subjected to things like this?

    ReplyDelete
  7. We don't watch GMA, preferring to watch the local programming on Channel 43 or 11 in the morning.

    I hope this didn't affect the rest of your day! Though it has been a little rainy and cloudy, there is always a source of sunshine in our lives!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Carole, I sure hope in spite of all this you were able to have a good day. I watch very little TV and for the most part I find it a waste of time. I am not impressed with most of what they have on TV these days. I hate commercials with a passion. I do like to sit and watch a good movie once in awhile. Or if I watch TV I like to watch Animal Planet, or National Geography, or something that has some value.
    Give me a good book, my computer, or camera in hand, any day over TV, or just walking my dog.:)
    Nice picture of the lake. It looks warm and inviting. Love the colors. Reminds me of when my boys were young how we all would go fishing. Yup! I was the one who taught them how to fish. It was wholesome and fun.
    Well I have better skitter scatter. Got a meeting to go to tonight. Take care Carole.
    Dianne :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I did not see it but it sounds disgusting!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well....., it is becoming quite apparent that this country is full of a$$h----!! and should I even say what I think of GMA for even showing it?....... I don't watch these shows anymore..... There is something Seriously Wrong in this country!! :[

    However......., Nice Fishing spot Lady ;))

    *Hugs & Kissez* to you & da Boss! ♥♥♥xoxoxoxoxox♥♥♥

    ^.,^ L to K ♥♥♥♥♥♥oxoxoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. I havent seen it, but it is what this country has been reduced to...I would say, God help us all, but i am starting to think i was wrong about that too....i was certainly wrong about this nation..

    ReplyDelete
  12. I didn't see GMA. But I saw those videos replayed elsewhere and I was disgusted. This is a good campaign to see ended. And I'm NOT blaming both sides equally...

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just saw the little girl. I turn down the sound on GMA and read the bottom, then switch to CBS for a few minutes, then go to METV.
    That fishing spot looks so inviting. I miss fishing with my hubby.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I don't watch GMA and I didn't see those video's and I'm glad I didn't. My blood would have been boiling for sure. Good Rant gf!

    ReplyDelete