Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Oh no. There she goes again...

Picture it.  A drugstore, November 27th, 2012 at 1300 hrs.  A line at each of two windows at the pharmacy.  Everyone waiting their turn.  Along comes a clatter. We turned to see what was the matter-- and what to our wondering eyes should appear but a 55+ or something something year old woman clumping (read "stomping") up loudly in her tights only...no skirt... and cowboy boots.  She sailed loudly with heels clacking alarmingly in front of an elderly lady who would have been next in line which had formed up next to my own line.  And I simply had to turn my head and look at the lady who had been patiently waiting even as I drew up to wait in the next tine and was trumped by the line cutter.  We grimaced  smiled at one another and raised our brows slightly, me, I was sending my "sorry for that woman's rudeness" look to the "victim".  Usually folks just stand this sort of behavior especially if they are older it seems.  I guess they have learned there is more to be concerned in life with than this type of behavior.  Me..not so much but occasionally I have patience when I didn't know I had any.  :-)

So, we all of us waited.  The usurper who cut in line with her clatter of boot heels started SINGING rather loudly to the Muzak.  Oh, my GOODNESS...how awful.  She started whistling  loudly right after that and folks, let me tell you right here..I detest whistling in public or work places.  If you want to whistle in your home...do it.  In your yard or car, help yourself, but please..don't assault my ears with your obnoxious noise.

Her outfit made for a list of what I determined I would never do in my own life.  The tights accenting a less than toned set o' legs, a fur jacket, cowboy boots..jet black with no shine hair, fake tan and a distinctly made-up face.  However, she sure was a happy person with all the whistling and singing and line cutting.  Or something.

OK.  That was a rant.  Sorry.  :-)


15 comments:

  1. I just signed on and yours is the first post in my mailbox! I love it! :) And i agree with everything you say here. A rant is fine by the way. If you can't do it on your own blog, then where can you do it? You wouldn't say this in public because you have good manners.. unlike line cutter woman. I wouldn't wear an outfit like that at my age.. (49).. likely not even when i was 25. This woman sounds oblivious to the rest of the world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This must be true because it is too weird to be made up!! And I am sure she thinks she is extremely attractive (to someone) like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS - I probably would have called her to for cutting in front of the elderly lady. Hubby had to chastise a businessman on our plane returning from the Baptism for continuing to use his Blackberry while the plane was taxiing to take off. Only HE was so important he didn't have to follow the rules.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's the funniest thing about my day, and it didn't even happen to me/in front of me. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, not her rudeness, the outfit!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maybe she was "off her medicine" and needed a refill asap.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL!! That was certainly a sight to see. What an outfit. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like the whole country has gone to Hell in a handbasket! Such a narcissistic society we've become......
    Girlfriend this could start me on a rant of my own....lol
    You took it a lot better than I would have ;) Must be the Jersey in me ...lol
    Hugs & Kissez to you & The Boss ;)
    ♥♥xoxoxoxo♥♥ ^.,^ L

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have a feeling Miss Dazey is right; sounds like someone in a manic phase to me. If so, she couldn't stop herself.

    ReplyDelete
  10. MIZZ Daisey is right..she MUST have been off her MEDS..hehehe quite the day huh Sis.. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That would have been a great place to have a "Kick Me" sign handy! Or at least a camera... LOL! ~ Mark

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yikes! That HAS to be 100% true, because you just CAN'T make something like that up!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What would the season be without the freaking Grinch? Ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  14. How did you ever keep you cool. Mind you the ridiculous outfit must have taken every ones mind off how rude she was. Some people are just in their own little world oblivious to what goes on around them.

    ReplyDelete