Saturday, November 24, 2012

Thanksgiving Over and More to Come

Gosh, Thanksgiving is over.  The entire family was here but we chose to eat at a great hotel restaurant instead of me cooking.  I LOVE that idea.  No clean up..no slaving in the kitchen all day, just great food and a far better variety than I could ever have provided.

The cat is back to her normal routine. She loves company but her 22 hrs a day/night nap schedule and where she does them was disrupted.  The nerve of us all!!  But the boys are all back in their homes now.  The last one left for his trip to NC about 1130 this morning.   As soon as they were all gone and as I sat to listen to the football game, Katie climbed up and totally sacked out on my lap within an blink of an eye--- and stayed asleep almost the whole game.  I had half an hour nap along with her I admit to you, as my sleep was sparse (don't ask me  why but it MAY have been because of a small 10 pound purrson who takes up the entire bed and does it so charmingly you hate to disturb her.  When I went to bed last night, I had made up my mind that it was her or me, and I was going to make it her, but this time she decided to cut me a break and so she slept in the middle of the bed alright but farther down so I could thrash around all I wanted to.

The boys are all gone now and it's quiet.  Got the hall utility closet cleaned out and re-organized and things are so much easier to find.   I even have a new larger (much needed) tool box.  Now I can put some of my things in the utility room/closet again so as to store them until I need them and now, I can actually FIND them  :-)

Nellie- if you read this, we had the best time at Aubrey's last night.  You'll like it.  Lunch or supper sometime when you head into town again?

See you over at your blogs here in a few.








14 comments:

  1. I am glad you all got to be together for Thanksgiving!

    The photos is gorgeous Twin! Great job. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sis!
    I am so happy you with your family together ...I thinking about you all the time.
    You are everything back to ok!
    I love to looking your photos Sis!
    xoxox
    Sis,Katie,Miyuki,and Victoria,
    Michiko

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanksgiving dinner at a restaurant is a good idea. I am big fan of no cooking and no cleaning!
    Katie san is so nice to leave you a good space on bed so you can thrash around :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We used to do the restaurant things when my mother was in the nursing home and just my dad around. We always went down there for the holidays and it was just easier to go out. It's good we have that choice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aubrey's sounds good! Will be in touch at some point. Busy, busy days ahead here - for awhile.:) I keep telling myself things have to slow down sometime.:)

    It sounds like you have had a great Thanksgiving! Having family around makes holidays special.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Used to go to the big hotel spreads..... lots of choices and great tasting. Here in the country, no such thing.
    Enjoy the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was going to suggest a restaurant but my sister said she would have the meal inspite of being in the middle of a move. She did a wonderful job. Glad you had a good day with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad all went well and you did not have to cook it all. Visits are good but afterward at least you can get back to routines. Take care and happy winter..it does seem to have gotten colder in a blink of an eye. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. going out is a much better plan that way you get to enjoy the day with family instead of being stuck in the kitchen. glad you had a good visit with the boys

    ReplyDelete
  10. That sounds like a great way to do Thanksgiving to me. You also have more time to visit if you're not spending hours in the kitchen in preparation.. then the clean up afterward.. ugh! My husband and i had dinner with neighbors, and everyone brought something, and we all helped with the clean up! That was the way to go! Glad your boys came to visit and you had lots of fun! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've tried the restaurant Thanksgiving Day meal before. It sure is convenient, and the food is done very well. But I don't like the crowd.

    What I WISH I could do is have a group dinner where everyone brings one special dish (organized so that we don't get 3 candied sweet potato dishes and no green veggies) and I just cook the turkey and make gravy. But my family is too spread out and my friends have their own families to visit or host.

    It sounds like the restaurant worked out great for you, though!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so glad you had a great Thanksgiving Carole! I'm quite happy with ours as well. We went through our leftovers at record pace and now it's onward to Christmas...how quickly this year is passing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. We have long extolled the virtues of family time over cooking / prep time! So great to see everyone, I'm sure. And just like Joe said: how quickly this year is passing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glad to hear you had such a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family, Carole. Sounds Great. No fuss, no muss.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog today. I did think of your Katie, when I saw that beautiful cat. Sounds like Katie keeps a tight ship at home, and no uninvited guests. Enter at you own risk. Ha!

    I have to say, I was rooting for the little guy the day I stopped to take those pictures. They did put on quite a show, and I am glad he got away. Like I said. I don't mind them outside, just not indoors. :)

    ReplyDelete