- 1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine or 1/2 cup shortening (We prefer butter)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk , 2% is fine
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 lemon , rind of
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- 2Add eggs, one at a time, beating until creamy.
- 3Blend in milk.
- 4In another bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, salt and lemon rind.
- 5Pour into batter.
- 6Stir to moisten.
- 7Scrape into greased 9 x 5 inch loaf pan.
- 8Bake in 350f degree oven for 55 to 60 minutes.
- 9Cool in pan for 5 minutes.
- 10Remove to rack and while still hot, with a toothpick poke holes all over the top of the loaf, and spoon glaze evenly over.
- 12Glaze: Combine lemon juice and sugar in saucepan.
- 13Stir and heat till sugar is dissolved.
- 14Spoon evenly over top of hot loaf.
Read more: http://www.food.com/recipe/our-favourite-lemon-loaf-38953#ixzz1qjbElwJZ