Friday, January 18, 2013

Thunder Snow

We had our first snow storm yesterday and it was thunder snow.  The NWS in Morristown said we had 11 cloud to ground lightening strikes during the worst of the snow fury.  It was just hammering down.  Large wet flakes.  Stuck instantly of course.  The weatherman said on the local TV channel that there were over 8 inches of rain in 5 days.  Surprised he didn't say how much in the 2 weeks of rain we have had!  Then, we got our snow storm.  Amounts varied over the Counties affected.  We have had flooding due to the excessive rain this month (never mind December) and now snow.  But it has largely melted here where I am, and just lingering amounts as I went to Knoxville this morning.

My youngest son will be getting married May 25th.  He will have the dearest bride ever created this side of heaven.  I love her dearly.  I will hate getting all gussied up in Mother of the Groom type things but even though I am a jeans and tank top or T-shirt woman..dang...that won't do at a wedding so...sigh... OH NO!  That means shoes TOO!!  I don't like shoes except athletic ones and sandals.  I guess those two, Neil and Christi are well worth it though.  :-)










14 comments:

  1. Just look at that snow!
    Getting ready for a wedding is an exciting time. Sounds like the perfect date.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that photo friend. Another gorgeous one done to perfection. So excited that you will have a wedding and a new daughter to boot. Congratulations to you and the happy couple.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had only a dusting of snow here, but I think the east and north part of the county still have a decent amount around. Ours had actually disappeared by morning! Yes, it does sound as though you will have to dress up for one day.:-) I was surprised that Country Girl (who married last March) actually dressed up for her own wedding.:-) xo Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  4. You and i appear to be a lot alike. I also wear jeans all the time and.. well turtlenecks or sweaters because i live up North! Getting dressed up is no fun for me! I love to look at fancy gowns.. but that's about it. lol. Have a wonderful time preparing for the wedding. May is a magnificent month for it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations to the happy couple. I know that the mother of the groom is a beautiful lady so I am sure she will manage to look very nice! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on the upcoming wedding,I'm sure you will look great all dressed up in a fancy dress.

    That snow looks almost like it looks here, I'm sure that the snow that you have, will be gone very soon. Just stay off of the highways until the snow is gone.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's amazing, snow and lightning, I've never seen that before.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What amazing weather you have!!! Carole you will do your son proud, I am sure, but I am with you on the jeans and top preference!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've heard of thunder in a snow storm but have never experienced it personally...sounds wild! I'm excited to hear you love your soon to be DIL...what a blessing! I hope the wedding is fantastic for all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Sis!
    if you want to be happy chose to be it was thunder snow on just heammeing down
    The Weather man said over 8 inches of rain in 5 days then what you said premeditate time of regardless the circumstance.
    just you always thinking as at Knoxvillw at morning I belive you are always hoping to you..Are in you feel good sis!
    Your son's wedding for just your on Jeans with what your test best for you!
    xoxoxox
    Sis.Katie,Miyuki,and Victoria.
    Michiko

    ReplyDelete
  11. ThunderSnows are about the scariest things!!! It all seems happening at once...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations to the bride and groom-to-be! One day of physical discomfort will be worth the happiness a daughter will bring to your son and to the rest of the family. Meanwhile, do your best to stay warm and dry. To me, thunder snow is like raining when the sunshines: just not normal!

    XOXO Karen

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the snow, but hate dressing up as well. Congrats to the happy couple. May is a good month for weddings and it'll roll around before you know it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yay for getting murrayed! Yay! Who is Murray, tho?

    ReplyDelete