Saturday, February 16, 2013

Amazing

Amazing how time flies when you are so busy you can scarcely draw a breath when you are still and quiet--- unless your are preparing to sleep at night.  My breaths are all drawn while constantly moving and doing.  That's alright.  I was blessed to be able to do it.  :-)

Here the weather is a revolving array of surprises.  Some (very little) sun, too much rain, too warm and up to 60 a few times, bitterly cold as it should be in between those times, snow, early Spring growth and then more snow or snow showers.  We had one ice storm so far.  I sincerely hope that is IT! on those.

Katie, my Tuxie kitty loves her human brother and has truly been an able nurse since he arrived here last Sunday.  She checks on him in the bed, she watches as he has his physical therapy, she brings her (truly she does) FAVORITE toys in the night.  One night it was her (stuffed)  Lion...the next night her (stuffed) Donkey.  She even brought her crinkle stuffy, a Kickaroo.  She sits at his feet to watch his progress on physical therapy as he regains his normal strength.  He can't do any better than that for encouragement.

I want to thank you again for coming by to check on me during these several months.  I never dreamed that this much time would elapse before things were progressed enough to start some strength therapy for him, but that is what we have been doing as we progress.  Someday soon all will be as it was before.

I so hope all is alright with you all.  Miss you and I wish and hope for some free time to be able to read all of the blogs again and comment as I really want to do.




I got this off of Yahoo News page a week ago.  It is a view from the space station looking onto Earth and our moon.  Isn't it glorious?



18 comments:

  1. So many things happening that should be blogged about and yet I am failing to blog about them! Glad to see you though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reading this and sensing a common thread, Mom is reminded of the 7 weeks she spent with her daughter when The Baby was born - constantly busy and on the move, sleeping a TIRED person sleep for a change. Feeling like she was integral in helping to save the life of the fragile baby in those first weeks. All of it done for one's child with absolutely no regret.

    Smiling here picturing Katie bringing each of those favorite animals to her brother. What a truly special kitty she is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am happy to read that Katie's brother is making good progress. She is so sweet to bring her favorite toys to him and be his guardian as he does his physical therapy. Hugs for you all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mario's mom here - so happy to hear your son is doing so well. It's been a long haul, but you are on the home stretch. Before long he'll be going back to his own apartment and you will miss him so much after he leaves. You have done an admirable job of caring for him - as has Katie. Continued prayers for a full recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad news that he is progressing each day and with a nurse like Katie how can he not. Hope you both get by in these last days of winter. I say days, hoping they will go by very fast. Tired of winter and want spring badly. Take care both of you..XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mario's mom said it perfectly! Prayers for strength and continued improvement are coming your way. Think how far you've both come.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know the tunnel effect of caring for a loved one that's ill all too well. No matter the tunnel there's light at the end of it and you're still in our hearts and prayers Carole.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sending you all much Light, for healing, strength...whatever your son needs to recover and whatever you need to help him. Katie is good medicine. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad your son is doing so well! :) It sounds like progress is going better, and i'm glad he has little Katie to encourage him. How sweet he gets her favorite toys as gifts! Lucky man. :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad to know you son is doing so well and that Miss Katie is being such a fine nurse. Continued prayers for a total and full recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Sis!
    You are son good is doing very well,
    I thinking you having has a bad time from Dec until from home.
    I hope you will better Sis! with you soon.
    Love you so much and with your son!

    xoxoxo
    Sis,Katic,Miyuki,
    Michiko

    ReplyDelete
  13. I continue to send my very best for ongoing improvement! I'm hoping to be able to head your direction at some point in the future again! xo Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Sis!
    You sound like you like the quiet of the morning like I do.
    just alone with my thoughts,
    imagine and plots and plans for the day.
    Looking for you and your son and Katic!
    xoxoxo
    Sis,Miyuki,Katic,
    Michiko

    ReplyDelete
  15. I agree time flies...I've been busy myself and before I know, it's already mid-February! But it's great that during your busy days, your son is getting better. Katie san is so sweet to take such good care of him. Kitty nurse sure is a great encouragement :-) I hope everything is going better and better.

    ReplyDelete
  16. A kitty who gives attention to a wounded one, heals...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Glad things are going well there, Carole. Sending purrs, prayers and hugs to you all.

    ReplyDelete