Monday, February 25, 2013

Blessings and Friends to be Grateful For

At last, after three weeks of being home here with me, my oldest has regained so much strength and the rest that he needs, that just one more small hurdle to come and he will go back to his place.  Right now he will work from home (here) which pleases him no end..he was chaffing at the bit to do so.

His boss, owner of the Company he works for and his wife came over last evening and stayed several hours.  I enjoyed that visit as much as my son did.  We all had a great time.  I just served fresh coffee and some Pepperidge Farm Chessmen cookies.  I LOVE those things.  They did too.

But after some business talk the rest was all just relaxing talk and laughing.  He has his laptop here, my son does but he needs an extra keyboard and monitor to start his work so that will be delivered very soon.  I have a table set up for him in his room he's using while here.

My friends, you have been exceeding kind to me these past three months and patient while my boy and I have trod this thorny and troublesome path together...shoulder to shoulder, liberally moistened with my tears and sweetened with my prayers.  This is what love truly is.  Being willing to take the bullet, the disease, the hurt and the treatment-- just to take it from your child or any loved one and them having to bear it.  You would willingly assume anything to make it better for them.  Nothing is too much, nothing is too hard.  I always said that being a mom is the richest gift The Lord has ever given me and a gift I give thanks for every day of my life.  Now I can show that love by putting my words to work.  :-)

Things are getting much more relaxed now and I should finally be able to visit more.  I know I have said that but then, another complication that was serious came.  Now that is conquered so we go on.

Love,

Me


Yesterday afternoon at the Marina...

18 comments:

  1. I am so very happy that things are looking much better for your son. Your post said it perfectly, there is no greater love than a mother has for her child, and I agree.

    Hugs and love for you both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so good to hear that things are looking much better for your son! Prayers continue for both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful news, Carole. Continued purrayers and purrs from the boys, for you son and for you too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sis!
    I am so happy that his great in making a love with your child
    and your enjoy with all of child how gorgeous in your strength!
    I love you both with very much Sis.
    xoxoxo
    Sis,Katie,Miyuki.
    Michiko

    ReplyDelete
  5. These things are so good to hear. Getting back into doing some work will probably be a good thing. It should make for a good transition for you both. Just not too much too fast. Continued purrs and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is great news.....we are so glad he is doing better - and that he had you for love and support!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad to hear that everything is getting better for your son. Also nice to hear that he has a good boss, one that cares about his employees.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so happy to hear this wonderful news about your son! You are an amazing Mom! I'll be thinking of you both as you start this next stage of the journey. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is the best news in a long time. Every day the report seems to get better and better. A mother's job is never done - it just changes from time to time. (quote from M).

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is great news that you have come through such a bad time and are still smiling! Praying for you and your son xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's so great to see your post about your son getting better and better! It's very nice of his boss and wife to visit. And you are such wonderful mom! Your son is very lucky to have you as mom :-)
    The birds in the photo are very cute. Looks like they are warming each other :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am Glad for the improvement :))
    Still sending Loud Purrayerz,
    Hugs & Kissez ^.,^ ;) ♥♥♥♥xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so glad to hear the good progress report Carole. I know that it's such a huge blessing to know you're not alone in such things. I will continue to beilieve God for things to improve. God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so wonderful, Carole. We will continue to purr and pray!

    ReplyDelete
  15. One expects Mom to be approving and helpful. And we honor that because, quite frankly, SOME kids are lucky not to be left to wolves in the forest. So we trust that ANY kids who live to late teenage years must have SOMETHING going for them.

    So when the boss comes by and likes the son, that's impressive. Be proud...

    ReplyDelete
  16. What wonderful news, dear Friend! Through it all, you were never alone. We were in constant prayer for his recovery and your sustained strength to see him through.

    ReplyDelete
  17. ALWAYS KNOW you have MY prayers daily no matter what it is..I will be praying for you both.. Love ya XOXO

    ReplyDelete