Thursday, March 14, 2013

Spring is Close!

This was taken several years ago with my little point and shoot I used to have (hence the bad focus on the stamen...the rest is meant to be softened)  in the municipal gardens here where I live.  But soon...they will be back.  I can hardly wait.  Me and the camera out in the wilds...sweating, collecting bites and ticks and skeeter bites too.



We just had an egg salad sandwich and a handful of chips..a Sprite 0 and with that inside I will head out to get a dress fitted that I bought to possibly use for my son's wedding in May.  I had to buy it large so as to get it to fit in the bust.  The rest is miles too big so she'll pin it onto me and sew it up smaller.  It's an orchid color, fake organza, sleeveless dress with a 3/4 length jacket. I HATE dresses..always have, always will because I have such a big size difference between my top half and my bottom half with the bottom half a lot smaller than the top.  Pear shape I'm not.  It would be easier if I was.  Seems they make dresses with small inches in the bust area and like a continent could hide in the bottom part!  :-)

Anyway,  off to the seamstress.

15 comments:

  1. LOL!! I am smiling at your description of how a dress is made. I so agree with you. I am not a dress person either. I am sure you will look beautiful in your orchid dress. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I haven't worn a dress in years, though used to enjoy wearing easy-fitting ones in summer. Now I'm too blimp-ish...and I AM heavy on the bottom, very heavy. LOL.

    As for Spring...There's no sign of her here today, our windchill was MINUS 18 Celsius this morning. Enough of this winter cr*p!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You gave me such a good laugh with your description of your dress. I hate dresses too. Haven't been in one since my wedding pictures years ago.
    Just curious, what is considered orchid color? We have so many variants of the orchid in an assortment of colors so I'm puzzled as to what an orchid color is...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dresses..... hummmmm something I not worried about but like admiring the results on others.
    You people down south are just not fair. Our thaw won't start till May and the freeze out will be over about the end. But there are flowers that poke out any way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, the camera has to focus on SOMETHING! The petals are beautiful.

    As a guy, I dare not say anything about your dress-fitting. I know better than THAT! ;)

    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great photos as usual. Good to hear you are making headway on the dress issue. That wedding will be here before you know it.,

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh EXCITING - the wedding is only about 2 months away? Good that you have a seamstress to do your alterations. The dress sounds pretty. Our family weddings were both in June - too hot - son and wife wanted the longest day of the year, and they got that, along with the hottest and a big thunderstorm. Luckily cleared before the ceremony because it was outside. Daughter's wedding a year later it also rained! Supposed to be good luck, but not the most fun to deal with. We hope your son's is a PERFECT day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We must have a picture of you in this dress. I hate wearing dresses too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your dress will look fabulous, i'm sure! :) I am shaped like you. It's not easy for me to find properly fitting clothes either. I can't wait to see more of your pics as spring progresses!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I pray that spring brings so many wonderful blessings you can hardly contain it Carole! I'm sure you'll love the wedding...dress or no and I'm sure you'll look fantastic! ...and before I forget...love the picture...point and shoot or not!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lol, love the dress description. I have the opposite problem, hee hee. So waiting for spring here. Temps are to be below normal all next week, grrr. Send some warmth up here if you can please.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Carole san, I am so jealous! I have HUGE bottom. My buttock is long and huge and in unpleasantly perfect pear shape! I wish I had smaller bottom... Well I guess we all long for what we don't have :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Do clothes off the rack ever fit anybody? They don't me.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Even if the focus wasn't what you'd prefer, that is a beautiful picture. And a great reminder of the impending spring! :)

    Good luck with your dress finding quest!

    ReplyDelete