Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Why is It?

I used to blog about this occasionally on Live Spaces when it still existed.  Why is it that every can label or jar label for that matter...doesn't matter which--- is always put into the shelves backward when I put groceries away?  Why can I never ever ever get the label with what is in the can/jar facing out?  I would have to make a deliberate effort with each can to do that.  It never happens by chance for me.  I don't like the idea of inspecting and turning each item as I put it up but looks like I will have to.  I can't even get the law of averages to work for me.  I have it facing in every TIME!

And bread will fall onto the floor when it feels like it and always with rare exception onto it's face where the butter or jelly or mayo is.  Never on it's back which is dry.  Just as Erma Bombeck said "Jelly Side Down".

Why can't I get thru a doorway here at home without a. knocking my elbow on the frame or knob  OR   b.  catching my sleeve on the door knob jerking me backwards as I always walk at the speed of light.

How come when there is a glass or cup with any amount of liquid in it sitting on the table/counter, my outstretched hands' fingers graze it and tip it over.  Sigh.

What's up with going across a scatter rug and my toe 8 times out of 10 will turn up the edge and make me have to stop and turn it back down?

Why does my book close on its own with no warning and my place is gone?  Admittedly this happens when I am trying to handle several things while holding the book open in my left hand...  but still, for pity sakes! Gimme a BREAK on the slamming yourself shut and the bookmark fluttering to the floor.  Sigh.

And I would love NOT to drop the house and car keys onto the porch while juggling things to get the house door open and hold the keys for insertion at the same time.  Slips from my boneless fingers most times.

Just askin'





11 comments:

  1. ha ha - I feel your pain. I used to be like that - especially when I worked full time. In my case, it was trying to do too many things at the same time and not doing any of them well. Slow down girlfriend - you'll live longer. he he Now I move at a snails pace and get nothing done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that's funny. We've all dealt with such things. I think they're part of Murphy's Law. The worst part is they usually happen when you in a hurry and have something else important to get to right away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. DWTS surprised me last night. Not having a lot of big names I wan pleasantly surprised by the contestants. D.J. Hughly has got to go, that is certain, and there are a couple others but all in all I think it may be a very interesting season. Many of them were a lot better than I thought they would be. Your thoughts?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I swear you are describing me here! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I make rows of cans and know which row is veggies etc. But alas it doesn't last. You are not alone my friend. But you managed to make me smile knowing I'm not the only one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Carole, I think we all have had these problems from time to time. The best thing is not to worry about it and just take it easy and slow down. The more you hurry the slower you go.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome to my world!!! lol It's a mixture of middle age and a preoccupied mind! ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Twin, these kind of things happen to me all of the time. I think it called human nature. LOL

    I hope things are going well for you all.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hahaha, oh whoops sorry for laughing, but I can understand your feeling! Why is it? Somehow it happens! Bread falling jelly side down has happened to me, too! I bought raisin cookies but turned out they were chocolate chip cookies. Why,,,,?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Some days Murphy's Law seems in full effect don't you think? Argh!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ah gf you're just a klutz that's why lol. How do I know that? Because I'm one too. Have a Happy & Blessed Easter my friend! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete