Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Happy Birthday First Son

Happy Birthday dearest firstborn and much hoped for Son.

I will never find the words to describe the thrill we felt knowing that you were on the way.  The fact that we were living in Europe made it more concerning as there was no family to rely on.  But that was alright as having you was worth anything.

I have always and ever said in you all's birthday and in Mother's day blogs from me, that to me, there is no greater privelege than having children.  No finer gift. And each child IS a gift.  The sheer unconditional love a mom feels for her children compares to no other form of love on this earth.  You will love a spouse of course but a child..that absolutely perfect gift you were granted-- and you carried and nourished that little forming body all those months..nothing can ever approach the joy and contentment and happiness..not to me.  So I speak for myself.  No one else.

Here is your birthday again  and I will be grateful till I am no longer here that you were born into my life.  Happy Birthday.  You make me both happy and proud.

All my love always,

Mom


15 comments:

  1. This is such a beautiful tribute to your son. Happy Birthday to your son. Love and hugs for you both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful tribute to that first-born son! Happy Birthday to him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fine tribute! Happy Birthday and many, many more to him!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful Happy Birthday letter! Happy Beautiful Birthday to your son! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday to your son! What a beautiful post filled with love...made my heart very warm :-) Wishing him the wonderful day today!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a lovely tribute to your first-born son! Happy birthday to him! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you all have a wonderful day Carole!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well Happy Birthday to son #1!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday #1 son. Some day I hope I'll get to meet you three boys who I have heard such good things about. Your mom is very proud of all of you and rightfully so. Enjoy your day - that was a beautiful tribute that you mom did.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday to your son. I definitely know that you love all of your sons and so you should. I am just sorry that I don't have any children. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, I was going to mention that I really like your header photo.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dear Sis!
    It sound like you have three boys is exciting things happening in your life now I hope always bean fortunate to you Sis!
    xoxoxoxo
    Sis.Katie.Miyuki. and Victoria.
    Michiko

    ReplyDelete
  13. a lovely heartwarming tribute to your first born, Carole... Happy and proud is a good place to be. Hope the sun is shining for you and Li'l Kate. xPenx

    ReplyDelete