Sunday, May 26, 2013

New Era

I am a mother-in-law as of yesterday at 1400 hrs.  I am very proud of my new daughter and happy that she is in the family and we, in hers.  What a gloriously gorgeous cool sunny blue skied day it was.

Everyone is gone this morning.  The son who came from Over the Mountains to be Best Man has gone home an hour ago.  He'll arrive there sometime this afternoon.  The cousin he brought here to see the marriage is also gone with him, back to the airport in The Land Over the Mountains to fly back to Manhattan.

My oldest is back at his place nearby too.  He was the Groomsman.  Katie will miss them both. So will I.  :-)

It was a beautiful wedding, and it was  filled with love and spirituality as both are strong followers of Christ.

The cakes, the wedding one and the grooms cake (chocolate) were both lovingly home made and gorgeous.  They were decorated with real fresh flowers..and they smelled heavenly!  Those of you who know me well know that the groom, my youngest is an expert photographer regardless that he is a Software Engineer. This is a beloved hobby of his that could easily make him a Pro if he wished.  But as Sophia would say..."I digress"!  HIS cake had a toy camera on the top!  LOVED that touch.  Hope it was a Nikon or he would have swooned were it a Canon.  :-)

Here's their car as it was being decorated before the ceremony.

xox


The Bride (I will post more later)

Groom's Cake

Homemade wedding cake





24 comments:

  1. Congratulations Carole on gaining a daughter! I think you got an extra special one so it's a good fit in your special family. I'm so happy it was the perfect day weatherwise too - you have been getting so much rain, that I was hoping it could stay away for one day. The pictures are gorgeous - love both cakes. The grooms cake makes me chuckle - what a cleaver idea and they pulled it off so well. I can't wait to see pictures of the bride and groom when you get to it. Thanks for sharing right away - I've been sitting here on pins and needles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad the weather was so beautiful and that everything went so well. Now what is your NEXT project? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simba..next are the other sons.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats Twin on becoming a mother in law. It is quite an honor. My very best wishes to the bride and groom! The cakes are beautiful. I would love to see a pic of you in your wedding finery.

    Hugs to the nicest mother in law that I know. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sis..Loved hearing that things went well and the couple are off to start their new life together. Your family has just increased and I know you will be so happy to have a "daughter" to love and cherish. Hope you are enjoying this holiday weekend and the photos are wonderful ..can't wait to see more.
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad it all went well :) xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations to the new Mother-in-law. Glad is was such a nice day for the happy couple. It is such a special thing when you blend two families with love and happiness. Those pictures are wonderful. Love the camera on the cake.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! My very best to the newlyweds and as always to you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations all round! :-)

    The cake looks lovely and the camera is just perfect, a great personal touch.

    But even though I don't have a DSLR, it's Canon all the way, baby! :-p

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, congratulations, glad everything went well at the wedding. Love the decorated cakes, the one with the camera was awesome. Glad for you that your daughter in law and you enjoy each others company. Hope to see more of you and the wedding in photos. Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Sis!
    Congratulations,your wonderful that you took the cake in the Canon all these photos.
    I'am proud to be lovely to see with your daughter to happy couple.
    Have a lovely time always Sis!
    xoxoxox
    Sis,Katie,Miyuki,and Victoria,
    Michiko


    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on your son's marriage and welcoming a new family! Sounds like it was very lovely wedding. I want to see more! I love the groom's cake with camera on top :-) What a unique idea. I wish safe and fun honeymoon for the new husband and wife!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How wonderful that the weather was good for you this Saturday! Lovely cakes, and I am eager to see more pictures, too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So Glad you had Beautiful weather ;) The cakes look Wonderful! can't wait to see more :)♥xoxo♥

    ReplyDelete
  15. I add my congratulationsas well. I'm glad the weather cooperated. Mmmm chocolate cake! All I need now is a cold glass of milk!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Even from the back, her dress loves lovely.
    The two cakes look good enough to eat.

    XO,
    JC

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm sure you are over the moon about this :D
    I was shocked to find myself thinking of grandchildren soon afterwards!! ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  18. We want more pics! LOL! Congrats on becoming a MIL. WE hope everyone had a beautiful day. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  19. Concats to your son and his new wife! Looks like a beautiful day! Love the cakes!

    ReplyDelete
  20. We are so happy for your son and his new bride! And for you, too. :) Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wonderful, Carole! Congratulations to the happy couple.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I couldn't be any more thrilled for all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congratulations to all concerned...great photos!

    ReplyDelete