Saturday, June 22, 2013

Grateful Day :-)

Things I am grateful for:  My life. The path it has taken in the past ten years in particular.  I have certainly gained in age :-) but also understanding and in closeness to the Father.

I'm grateful for my home and the excellent employment I had so as to pay for it.  I am happy with what I have and that contentment is something to be grateful for.  I don't aspire for more than I have at this time nor have I in my lifetime, in all truthfulness.  I have earned what I have and I was given the strength  and ability to achieve what I need.  How could I ask for more personal possessions?  I'm fed, clothed, and warm when the season is cold.

I have challenges both personal and in general as do we all.  But I have the knowledge that these things can be managed and lessons can be learned.  The operative words are "can be":-)  It's up to me to know where my strength is.

I have family and friends and for both of those I am most grateful as those who have slogged along with me through the years know...from my blogs on birthdays and Mother's day.

Just a few paragraphs about gratitude.  It is good to acknowledge gratitude and acknowledge where your abundance comes from.  Not necessarily material abundance.  To me, life is not about material abundance.  It's about learning and growing both physically and spiritually and sharing.

AAren't these wild flowers so beautiful?

THIS "wildflower" is too.

17 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful post! Very inspirational! I send along my best to you on this beautiful Saturday! xo Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely post Twin. One of the things I am most grateful for in my life is having you for a friend. May God continue to Bless you and your loved ones. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely post, Carole. We all need a day, or better, a few minutes each day, where remember and are thankful for all that we have.

    I was on the bus this AM, heading out to do errands, and there was an older woman in a wheelchair at the front, missing a leg. For all my foot problems right now, and aches and pains, I was suddenly thankful just to have two legs and two feet that still get me around, albeit not pain-free.

    Things can always be worse, as my mom says frequently.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully said Carole. Too often we forget to notice all the things we are grateful for so thanks for the reminder. Many hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely post and just what I needed! Thanks Carole xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful post. It's so good to give thanks for what we have, and so important. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Carole - you already have it all - all the necessities in life, three wonderful boys and now a new daughter-in-law, an abundance of friends, your strong faith and the ability to recognize and appreciate what you have, and of course charming Katie! What more could one want in life.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The things that bring happiness are usually quite simple, aren't they? Not money and possessions for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful post! You make me feel very positive! It is very easy to forget to be grateful for what we have now...things that we have earned.
    Your wildflower is lovely and beautiful :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. ALL the flowers are so beautiful Carole, and your words make so much sense. Happiness is within reach, always, it's inside us, just waiting for us to realise and recognise it. Have a lovely Sunday you 'n Li'l Kate. hugs aplenty xPenx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think too many people are too resentful to have not had most material success in their lives. They miss too much in the journey of life. "Smelling the Roses" is a cliche, but there is some meaning in it. Paying attention to the world is good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amen, Carole! You are so, so right. We are thankful for you, your wise reflections, and your friendship!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Sis!
    What a wonderful post for your's sis!
    few thing already has you had bad time..you have challonges both personal in generat for all.
    The few operative has few times...When your has family and frimds we had grateful all the YEAR"S...still on Sis.
    I'm glateful for your home the five years ago when I went to your home...
    I still remember Tennessee..whittie spring golf course vailey view.
    Are you still remember Sis!
    Your all family and young Katie are wild flower all ways
    beautiful.
    xoxoxoxo
    Sis.Katie.Miyuki.and Victoria.
    Michiko

    ReplyDelete
  14. Remember me? Seriously Carole this was a very good post. I thought about doing a post like this but never got around to it. I still might do it though. Every time I start to feel sorry for myself I snap back to reality when I see a homeless person who has to scrounge around just for a meal while all I have to do is decide what I want for a meal. I look at my car, the nice house I live in and the fact that I have been working the same job for the last 42 years. I'm doing just fine and have much to be grateful for. I've got it pretty good. Thanks again Carole!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a wonderful and timely post! I sometimes stop and think about all the gifts I have been given; gifts of friendship, intelligence, creativity, and a loving mother. These are the things that help you weather life's challenges and I am truly grateful for them. This includes having met you!

    ReplyDelete