Monday, June 3, 2013

What's Up, Doc?

So, what's up with this? Here is--- A Rant...by me.

This feller pulled into the parking place just exactly opposite me in Wally World parking lot this morning.  I on the other hand had just gotten into my vehicle after putting the groceries away into my vehicle's trunk.  After I got into my car I saw that I had several text messages so I read them while still parked and responded and made one appointment.  I noticed the ol' feller was still there, motor running and stuck to his seat as if it and he and it were made from velcro materials.

I got out of the car to dig my Heath Bar out of the trunk where the bags were and still...he sat.  Then the proverbial lightbulb came on over my head.  He was waiting for ME to move so he could park the wrong way, facing out.  I obliged and he moved into the place I was.  He wasted 5 to 7 or so minutes waiting with motor running to save about 6 seconds it would have taken him to back out of that space he was in.  But oh well I guess.

Then, I have seen people sitting and idling for minutes...long minutes not just 1 or so moments, to scarf up a parking slot just exactly ONE space closer.  If someone is making to leave that space, they will wait instead of just parking in the space adjacent.  I am kind and I don't "find other things to do"...I just leave so they can be their one space closer.

Then to top off the morning, on the way home I have observed that it must now be passe to stop for a stop sign.  Just sail on through..."they" will watch for you and stop themselves regardless of your running the stop sign, won't they?  Sure they will.

But having made it through the stop sign without stopping, go ahead and make your turn without giving anyone else on the road a clue.  Make it better by pulling out into traffic after only looking one way, not both and give the rest of us a thrill trying to avoid broadsiding you. And drive with one hand while dangling the other out of the window.  After all, it's a pretty day and your arm needs the breeze and surely no  other driver will cause you to need good control of your vehicle.

OK.  Done.  As you can tell this was the morning of mornings regarding traffic for me.  :-)))



18 comments:

  1. Ah, Tennessee!
    When we were in Florida, the drivers were CRAZEE! Add to nutty drivers the OLD ones and there is no hope.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This in the era of me, the hell wit you, the world revolves around me.... or..... I am entitled to be stupid and selfish..... lol

    Just can't let em push the buttons, they are my buttons.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Exactly! All of it. I took a defensive driving class years ago. Not because i had a ticket and had to.. but because i wanted to. The instructor always said, 'now don't grt into an accident trying to prove you have the right of way.'. But yes, bad drivers are a HUGE pet peeve of mine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. An excellent rant Twin. I agree with you 100%!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thankfully you returned home safely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh your sarcasm is so well sharpened!! I see I've started a rant craze. lol But I couldn't agree with you more!! It's almost like a game they play - see who can park closest or jump lights first or or or ….. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's kind of funny some people wait and wait for the parking spot even when there are spots a little far away. It's not funny, though, when I 'm behind that vehicle and have to wait for it to move!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you, Carole, for your rant. I can live vicariously through it, since we run into the same things here! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. How true, how true. I have seen people drive around until a closer parking place opens up and the majority of the are young and peppy as they walk in the stores. My DIL was broadsided by one of those stop sign runners when my oldest grandson was just a baby. Fortunately they were both okay. Don't get me started on blinkers. Some of the biggest offenders there I have seen are police.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I so agree with this..some just don't make any sense at all. They spend $$$$ circling the lot just to wait for a closer spot when the place is busy and no one seems to be leaving. Crazy. Wild world out there driving you have to watch for yourself and others because they DON'T.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Feel better now Carole? I know I would, who doesn't need a rant about idiot drivers once in a while?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad you got home safe and sound.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is in answer to what you said on my blog: Hi Carole, you have nothing to worry about, the old guy was just trying to play with your head, you had a right to stay there as long as you wanted.

    ReplyDelete
  14. ha ha - great post and I agree with you 100%. The same day you had the incident, a lady with a grocery card in the store almost ran me over trying to get to the checkout line ahead of me. She was all dressed, obviously on her lunch break or something. Since I was traveling in a straight line and not in one of the isles, she couldn't help but see me. Could she wait 1 minute to let me pass - NOPE - Beat the old lady out and let me in there first. I think grocery cards should come with HORNS!

    ReplyDelete
  15. @Mario...I LAUGHED! I love that about grocery carts with horns. For certain they should.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ah, a lovely rant Carole, people is as people does, ... they seem to think anyone else is wrong and their attitude is right. and no amount of logic will sort 'em. I calls 'em the 'Illogical's!!' xxxPenxxx hugs 'n' stuff to you 'n Li'l Kate. xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Sis!
    I think about you having a wonderful space Sis!
    This feller into the parking place just exactly what I read know about text messages then the proverbial came on over your head.
    you has up a parking slot just exactly one space closer Sis!!
    I sent to you email Yesterday Sorry it was to slow Sis!
    xoxoxo
    Sis.Katie.Miyuki.and victoria.
    Michiko

    ReplyDelete