Saturday, July 20, 2013

Leibster Award and this is a long long one...

My friend Mary of  Out My Front Door blog gave me the Leibster Award for those of us who have fewer than 200 followers.  That is easily me.  Not many bloggers know me.  Katie Isabella and the Admiral know more folks than I do.  :-)  Thank you Mary.  It is always a joy to visit you as I identify with many of the things that you share with us.



The Award acceptance says that I must give 11 random facts about myself.  And I must answer 11 questions that Mary gave me.  I am also supposed to nominate 11 people and make up 11 questions for them to answer but I really don't know many bloggers on the human blogging sites so I may not be able to do that.  Most of my friends have well over the 200 followers.   But I can do this first part :-) with 11 random facts about me.

One, I am an avid reader.  I primarily love fact and something that will educate me.  No..make that history.  I almost never fail to enjoy reading and learning about world history or US history.  All facets. I do love some fiction too, but I am not "into" crime" stuff.  Leaves me cold.

Two, I am an animal advocate.  Not only cats but all animals.  We humans are their stewards.  But few take that seriously and many are uncaring to the extreme, to say the least.

Three,  I don't like television much at all these past eight or so years.  The news either.  I prefer to read the news  rather than have to see  television and hear horrible descriptions and close -ups of human or animal suffering over and over and over to the extreme.  I,  a committee of one, have decided that it is yellow journalism at its best!

Four,  I get up early and not always by choice but because I am rousted out by a four legged one.  But I am glad really as I like the first part of the day in which I can and do get so much done.  Unfortunately, due to early rising I must go to bed early too.  :-)

Five,  I am a serious amateur photographer.  I smile all Winter to myself when I think of the coming Spring and Summer when picture taking of the type I enjoy most, abounds.

Six,  I am a cloud fancier.  I have many pictures in my Flickr set of my fave formations..cirrus.

Seven,  to follow along (I know, cheating in a way) with what Mary gave as answers, I must say that if I were forced to choose between salt and sugar, sweet tooth though I have, it would be salt.

Eight,  One day when I woke and started opening the blinds throughout the house, I was brought to the sting of tears in the backs of my eyes seeing the sun rising at last out of my living room window after weeks and weeks of rain.  What a welcome sight.

Nine,  I am a serious coin collector.

Ten,  I treasure friends and family.

Eleven,  I am most content in the out of doors and with a camera in my hand, crawling in the bushes getting tick bit and skeeter drilled!

Now:  Mary gave me 11 questions to answer:

Who is your favorite musician?  Ravi Shankar
Who is your favorite James Bond?  Sean Connery.
Which of the four Seasons  do you love the most?  Spring.
Chocolate or Cheese?  Chocolate every time.  :-)
Household chore you like least.  Refrigerator cleaning.
Do you prefer mystery novels or historical fiction?  I LOVE historical fiction.  Eugenia Price wrote the best, to my mind.

Is there a sport you adore?  Yes, College football.

Which person in History would you most like to have a conversation with?  What would you ask?  Dead easy (no pun intended.  My hero, Napoleon.  I would ask what was he thinking to divorce Josephine though he loved her so much. But I would know the answer.  Their marriage was childless and as Emperor he wanted an heir.  Josephine's children would not do as they were hers and her first husband's children and not a direct descendant of Napoleon.

Ice cream or Cake for you?  Terrible to make that decision.  I may get addled as I love both!  Cake? Maybe?

Thank you Mary, this was so much fun and I loved doing it.  I appreciate the award.  I didn't see it posted on your page so I can't post it here right now.  I will find it and add it later,  This was fun and you can all see how quiet and dull it is around here.  xoxoxo






12 comments:

  1. Yay! I loved reading this Carole! So much fun to learn these things about you. We indeed have lots in common! :). Sean Connery all the way! And i love salt as much as sugar. I adore the sea salt/caramel/dark chocolate truffle. Super yummy. And i am in complete agreement with you about animals and bad news. Thank you for playing along and accepting the award. This was an excellent time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job Carole. Loved all your answers. And, I even learned a few new things about you. Congratulations on your award - very well deserved.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your award Twin. You certainly deserve it.

    I knew most of the things you said but I did learn a few new things about you. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is lovely to find out more about you, Carole, and your hobbies, likes, dislikes!

    I love history too …… but also crime novels lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun to read this Carole. It reminds me of days of yore when we passed things around sharing something about ourselves on WLS...ah, nostalgia!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your award! It was fun reading your facts and answers! I'm with you about television. I prefer to read news and not to watch on TV. And I love Sean Connery as James Bond the best, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! It was fun to learn more about you! I collect coins, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on your Award,Carole, much deserved methinks. AS for your info, I am an avid reader, in that I am avidly reading all your details. Animals are a gift to the heart, and anyone who doesn't like them doesn't stand a chance with me. and Sean Connery every time. (although Daniel Craig comes a close second, for his acting of course, not his fantastic bodybody or his looks ;-) ) Great to catch up with you and Li'l Kate, Hugs aplenty xPenx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH dear me, I duplicated 'body' does that say something about me and my state of mind? *cough* xxx

      Delete
  9. Congratulations on your award, Carole! It was really fun reading your answers, and learning more about you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Sis!
    I love yours Congratulations I fond wonderful new things with
    you Sis!
    Katie's has happy time with you?
    Sis.Katie Miyuki and Victoria.
    Michiko

    ReplyDelete