Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Here's a Toast!

Some icy cold cranberry juice for you in the header picture.  I could have done better with focus but...that was then,  and now I have a lens that helps.

Hotter'n who dunnit out there.  Going to be in the 90's the rest of the week.  My short hair is in a whiskbroom sized pony tail.

Had a chicken salad sammich at Chick-Fil-A this noon with one of my sons.  He had the Tenders.  I was hard pressed not to swipe one but he only had 4.  Good sized ones too and waffle fries as big as, well,  a waffle just about!

I'm just home so I suppose I had better start some household duties.  No matter how I wish it, these jobs won't do themselves.  Maybe if I offered a salary?

I am enjoying the heck out of Photo of the Day that John Booth invited me to.  Since they changed Flickr so dramatically I no longer have much interest in it.  POD has taken its place more or less.

So, what's for supper, folks?  Friday I am making salmon patties and mashed potatoes.  Green beans too probably.

I was singing the praises of Bl*e Bel*e Ice cream as I happened on a gallon (still a gallon as they advertise) of a vanilla that only had one "gum" in it...otherwise it was pretty pure.  ALL of the rest of their ice creams have those nasty fillers in them, gums, cellulose  or something or other as do all the others on the market that I can tell.  That's why I don't buy ice cream.  Thought I had a winner'  Only ONE flavor does't have all those added things and of course, I can no longer find that flavor at the stores.  ONE flavor for pity sakes without the fillers and adulterants.   :-(  That brand as many flavors with all the fillers and additives but only one without.  Can't be found easily.

See you soon...I'll be around. Work to do first.








18 comments:

  1. Welcome back to the working world of domestic bliss. We only buy Breyer's Ice Cream because it has no additives in it...and because it is produced locally they often run 1/2 price sales on it. I love their vanilla bean. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no idea what is for supper but this post left me very hungry:) B

    ReplyDelete
  3. How frustrating about the ice cream. We buys Breyers or Friendly's Ice Cream and I admit not to noticing about the additives as much as seeking out a version with lower fat, possibly lower sugar. Friendly's have a "Slow Churned" low fat one that tastes pretty good. Next time I will scrutinize the additives - might not stop me buying it, but at least I will be aware.

    How about making your own? Then you can completely control the ingredients. We have a Cuisinart Ice Cream maker with a chamber that goes in the freezer, so you don't have to use an ice/salt bath for chilling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a good thing i'm eating a delicious lunch as i read this post! Lol. Mmm! Salmon! And as far as ice cream, i don't think Ben and Jerry's has those fillers, does it? And 5 ingredient Hagen Dazs is excellent. The coffee is my fave. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. If that cranberry juice has vodka in it, I'll take one!

    I'm hungry now too. It's high 80s here with a humidex of 96 (!) right now. This is Ontario...at the end of August. And this is ridiculous.

    As for ice cream, I'm not a huge fan, do enjoy it, but it's not what I'd have first for a sweet. A number of years ago, though, on one of Dad's visits, we had real homemade ice cream in a little shop in Prince Edward County. Oh, my, but that was GOOD!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ever since I became addicted to my vitamix I make my own frozen desserts and it's so easy and I control everything that is in it, including the "sweetner".

    ReplyDelete
  7. We're into fish tacos around here lately. We have done cod, catfish, shrimp and crab so far. We're recommending them all, but you gotta get the blue corn taco shells.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That cranberry juice is certainly tempting!

    It seems like August is having a "last hurrah" with the temperatures coming this week, though I have felt a bit of fall with the cool mornings we have been having.

    Thinking about you and all that is going on with you. xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, you've made me mighty hungry.. I guess I'll go start that meatloaf. Here's a toast to you also.. Hugs, xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I thought that was a glass of wine. Cranberries, the one crop my state produces, though we have been passed by Wisconsin for number 1. We're number two! We're number two!

    There must be an all natural, pure ice cream, in many flavors available to you.
    Ooo! 90's. Yuck!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Supper sounds mighty good to me. Hope you can rest tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Its frustrating when you finally find something, and then it gets discontinued and you can't find it again! I don't like ice cream that is gummy. Yuck! It has been really hot here too. I am ready for Autumn.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I surely wish we had Chick-Fil-A here but alas, such is not the case :( Frustration with changing sites...don't get me started! Everything from WLS to the site I used to use for music...all changed or discontinued!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh I adore Cranberry juice you may pour me one anytime. Supper is fried chicken thigh's, onion, red pepper, chopped tomatoes lots, pinch of chilli powder , pepper, right at the very end add single cream not too much though, serve with boiled rice. yay! Things getting discontinued yep know what you mean.
    Enjoy your evening hope it's not too hot for you .
    :) Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sorry you didn't find your ice cream. Darn~! My mouth was watering for it too - I love ice cream. Since I'm a day or to late seeing this, I can't even remember what was for supper. Tonight it's BLTs tho. I think there are a few green beans left too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Dinner tonight is a pan-fried chicken thigh smothered in onions and red bell pepper, corn-on-the-cob, m/v sweet potato (comes out like mashed), romano beans, and a tossed salad. Zinfandel to drink. Fresh fruit medley for dessert.

    BTW, I took the "Which flower are you" quiz on your sidebar. I'm a daffodil, which seems generally appropriate. But I can't figure out the description:

    "You have a sunny disposition and are normally one of the first to show up for the party. You don't need too much attention from the host once you get there as you are more than capable of making yourself seen and heard."

    I'm an opinionated curmudgeon and I hate parties, LOL! Maybe that's why I blog about my cats - it keeps me civil and in the background. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Sis!
    You has short hair is in a whish broom sighd pony tall.
    and You had a Chicken salad sammick at chick with your sons had the tendersbut.
    When you in a home you had some household but wont do not good I think more like Katie's getting a good jobs.
    xoxoxox
    Sis,Katie,Miyuki and Victoria,
    Michiko

    ReplyDelete
  18. Since I started reading labels...been so disheartening!
    Stay cool!!! :)

    ReplyDelete