Friday, August 23, 2013

Oh my...

Oh my oh MY!  I got home from the birthday celebration late last evening and started to take a Tylenol.  Well, I hiccuped at the same time I had the water in my mouth and I inhaled the water into my wind pipe.  I thought I would just about drown in that little sip of water.  Really a rotten feeling coughing horribly yet barely able to get a little air in to cough with.  I have had that happen two times in my life.  Once on the road driving about 8 years ago and again last night.  I would hoe to never go through that again.

Anyway, obviously I survived (although I wondered if I would there for a few minutes) and we all had the best time.

We went out to a restaurant for supper, son and his wife and my oldest boy and me.  Great restaurant too but the food was delicious and so I finished what was on my plate and I should not have.  OH.  My. Stomach.  WHEW.  Had to have some Tums for the tummy immediately we got to my son's home again.

Anyway, gifts were opened.  Wait'll you see his cake! I got him a subscription to Sky and Telescope and a hard cover book by Shel Silverstein.  I hope no one ever gets too old for Shel Silverstein's books. I know he enjoyed the first one a few years back.

His wife came up with the great idea to have friends both at work and social as well as his family and anyone  else we knew who knows him, submit a reason why they like him; even something like "You always smell good" is one she gave as an example to get the respondents going.  So she had a jar full of strips of paper, one for each year he has been on this earth for him to open and read.  They were in a mason jar that was beautifully ribboned at the lid.  He loved that cake.  What a great idea.

We had cake and ice-cream and talked awhile and then, oldest son and I took off like big birds and made it to our separate homes.

Anyone who knows my boy knows he is a fabulous photographer although that is not his profession.  We are Nikon fans as you will be able to tell here shortly.  Look at the rendering of the camera strap as well as the camera.  I LOVE it!  Son had the lens served to him.  I got part of the back where the various dials and view screen are..and so on.  Hope you enjoy.



xo


21 comments:

  1. I heard about you choking on FB...yikes! Terrible experience. Love the cake to bits...safe to say you ate it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes, sure an glad you didn't up and croak when choking last night. That is very very scary. It's especially scary when you are alone in the house. I've had that happen a couple of times when I was alone. Not fun. I have found it helps to try to blow my nose - not easy to do when coking, but I don't know if it helps clear the airway or what, but it works.

    That cake is to die for. It's amazing and I've never seen another like it ever. So happy you had such a wonderful evening except for the eating too late. Dang, I hate it when that happens.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great time you had. Love the cake.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cake is just amazing. The choking must have been frightening - glad you did ok with it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you are ok! It has happened to me too, 1 is 1 time too many! And it's even worse when you are by yourself...., as you know. Otherwise, glad it was such a good evening :) LOVE the cake :)) I was just looking at a Nikon a couple of weeks ago....., toss up between that and a Canon Rebel. Time is coming for a new one, I've been noticing blurs on the edges of the images, What is That!?! Thought maybe it was the SD card...., changed that, still happening.... tried the movie option, Not thrilled with it. Too grainie.... Time for an Upgrade , now for some green papers :\ Anywho......, Glad you're ok~ ♥xoxo♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I hate it when that happens! I have it happen to me far too often.

    That cake is an amazing creation! Was it done by a bakery?

    It sounds like the party was a real success!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. You had quite a time!! Glad you survived the hiccup! The party sounds wonderful xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh goodness glad you are OK! That is a horrible feeling. Sounds like a wonderful birthday celebration and love the cake that is one that will be long remembered.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh that water incident has happened to me, too! I'm glad you are ok :-)
    And what a great time you had! Your daughter-in-law is so sweet. Reasons why they like your son for him to read. It's such a wonderful gift!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a neat birthday party! And this is definitely a neat blog post.. It was written with love!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, that water in the windpipe stuff is SCARY. I'm glad you are okay!

    What a wonderful birthday celebration -- love that cake. :)

    Hugs to you and Katie!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I often nearly choke. The least amount of peach slices, plum slices, apple bits. I inhale something *sigh*

    I survive each bad experience, but I'l bet that's how I die in 20 years...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad you are okay Sis..scary indeed. The cake is amazing..great artistic job and bet it tasted great too. Glad you all had a nice get together. I think the idea of telling what things you LIKE about a person is a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dear Sis!
    Katie you having great play time with brother you and with son a wife and oldest boy has wonderful lovely food TOO MUCH SiS!
    You know about son canon rebel as same that you love it!
    I'm very happy with your family together and Katie's all ways.
    Have a good time Sis!
    xoxoxox
    Sis,Katie,Miyuki and Victoria,
    Michiko

    ReplyDelete
  15. The Nikon cake cracked me up! That's a work of art!
    Glad you were okay. I have only had that happen once and it's an awful sensation. What a great party, though. Like the jar idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great cake! The party sounds wonderful, too. I'm glad you are okay; I hate when that happens. Ug.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I did not see the picture as I read, "My son had the lens served to him." I thought, "What is she talking about?"
    Then I saw the picture of the ice cream cake.
    Your son has a good eye.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What an amazing cake! And what a sweet jar of love. And glad you survived the inhalation, too!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Good to hear you enjoyed The Birthday outing with your family. What a great idea strips of paper in a jar wow! Glad you are ok not nice at all.
    Fabulous Cake :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a lovely header Flower so very pretty>x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my goodness! What a perfectly wonderful birthday.

    ReplyDelete